It's Spring Chit Chat - Page 3
A Warm Welcome

This site is - 2665 Days Old
A Warm Welcome to Zan's Zone Guest
Please feel free to come and go as you please.
Please tell me if you see any mistakes in the skin so that I can fix it.
Feel free to add a link to your own board, blog or website in your signature.
The size of images added to signatures are restricted to avoid long scrolling passed them.
If you have made a post on your own board and you would like to post a link to it, Post it Here

It's Spring Chit Chat

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
Kerri
Sappire Member
Sappire Member
Kerri

Name : Kerri
US
Kudos : 12
Birthday : July 22

It's Spring Chit Chat - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's Spring Chit Chat   It's Spring Chit Chat - Page 3 Icon_minitime09/04/19, 10:10 pm

Hi everyone.

It was a lovely 66F/18.8C yesterday.
Now they are saying we may get some snow Wednesday night! 
Oh nuts!!

I did the Ancestry.com DNA test.
For the most part, because I belong to Ancestry.com again. 
I've joined on and off throughout the years.
It had me as 39% Swedish and 31% English and western Europe.

On the map they gave me of my DNA results, 
the circles were sort of lumping England and Germany together.

Then it said I had 16% Norwegian, which surprised me.
I guess way way back in the old days some
of my Swedes were romancing
with some Norwegians. 
I've traced my Swedes back in the Swedish church records.
But apparently not far enough.

I also had trace DNA.
5% from Ireland.
My grandmother's grandpa was born in Dublin
and his father in County Mayo, near Castlebar.
I'd be interested to see what percent Irish
my father got if he took the DNA test as he is a true redhead
with freckles. 

Although, there were red headed Swedes as well. Smile 

I would be curious for my parents to take the test,
to see what percentage each are, since you only get 50%
from each parent, there is 50% that you don't get from each.

I'll have to look into the test you mentioned, Sandy.
I wonder if I would get the same results. 

I have corresponded with distant relatives on Ancestry
because of the DNA matching.
One Oks that. Which I did.
If your family tree is on there, you can connect
easily with others. 
I did allow my test to be tied to my family tree.

And I caught up with a few younger relatives
that I did not know, but our grandparents were related.

That part was fun.

Hope everyone has a lovely rest of the day!
Back to top Go down
Zandranna
Owner
Owner
Zandranna

Name : Sandy
UK
Kudos : 140
Birthday : 1st Nov

PostSubject: Re: It's Spring Chit Chat   It's Spring Chit Chat - Page 3 Icon_minitime10/04/19, 07:43 am

Initially and before the recent update mine was as follows:

Europe West = 59%
Ireland, Scotland, Wales = 23%
Great Britain = 8%
Scandinavia = 5%

European Jewish = 3%
Finland/North West Russia = 1%
Middle East = 1% (Syria)

Now they have supposedly improved it and given an update it's:

Great Britain = 100%

-------------------------------------------

Now, you tell me how the second breakdown is more acurate than they first discovered.  It doesn't make sense, especially as I know for a fact that my family on my Mother's side came over from France/Germany area in the 1700s.  In the first results that showed up as West Europe.  That's now disappeared from the results.

I had a first cousin contact me via the DNA search, that I didn't know existed.

I just think that ancestry DNA is just not far advanced enough yet to give very acurate details. 

I watched a video of an American black girl opening her results on Youtube.  All of her family are 100% black going back 3 generations, on both sides, that she knows yet she showed up 100% European in her results.  She did the the test because she was trying to trace back an original African tribe she might have come from.  You can imagine how upset she was with her results.

I did some more sorting out of my flat yesterday and am still at it today, along with a pile of ironing which I don't normally do in bulk.
Back to top Go down
https://twitter.com/SandyYatesUK
Whisper
Ruby Member
Ruby Member
Whisper

UK
Kudos : 51
Mood : Restless

PostSubject: Re: It's Spring Chit Chat   It's Spring Chit Chat - Page 3 Icon_minitime10/04/19, 09:34 am

I think I'll wait until the results are more accurate. They sound more confusing than anything right now. Fun but I wouldn't rely on them for anything important.

Not doing anything interesting today unless laundry and other household chores excite you. lol

Got my regular injection in the morning and overnight visitors at the weekend but otherwise it's pretty quiet around here.
Back to top Go down
Zandranna
Owner
Owner
Zandranna

UK

PostSubject: Re: It's Spring Chit Chat   It's Spring Chit Chat - Page 3 Icon_minitime10/04/19, 09:46 pm

I'm now thinking they are just a very expensive con.

Just when I was thinking that I really do need a wardrobe my friend Margaret had a new wardrobe given to her today by a woman that has just moved out from the next block, and so she gave me her very nice single wardrobe that she only bought a handful of months ago.  Charlie came along today to move it into my place.

I laid down today for a late afternoon doze and ended up waking up at 9pm.  I must have needed that sleep.

Apart from spending a couple of hours yacking to Margaret and Charlie, I have done sod all.
Back to top Go down
Kerri
Sappire Member
Sappire Member
Kerri

US

PostSubject: Re: It's Spring Chit Chat   It's Spring Chit Chat - Page 3 Icon_minitime10/04/19, 10:48 pm

Oh my goodness!

I'm glad I read this, Sandy.
Let me know how the results turn out at the other place.

They do give you a warning, that you might find out
something that you don't want to know.
I think they are implying things about parentage. 
Or unexpected relatives. 

A stuffing and chicken and mushroom casserole for dinner.

It is snowing. 
I want a divorce from Spring right now. 

Hope everyone has a lovely rest of the day!
Back to top Go down
Geru
Emerald Member
Emerald Member
Geru

Name : Hannelore
CA
Kudos : 9
Birthday : february 12th

PostSubject: Re: It's Spring Chit Chat   It's Spring Chit Chat - Page 3 Icon_minitime13/04/19, 01:28 am

It's Spring Chit Chat - Page 3 Poster10I am still around , reading your post's , will talk again on of these days when it gets warmer... lol , have a great day 
Back to top Go down
Kerri
Sappire Member
Sappire Member
Kerri

US

PostSubject: Re: It's Spring Chit Chat   It's Spring Chit Chat - Page 3 Icon_minitime14/04/19, 10:02 pm

Hi everyone.

My 8 year old granddaughter, Isabella,
spent the night last night.
I took her to see the movie, Dumbo, today.
She loved it! 

Made a homemade soup with chicken, carrots, zucchini squash,
celery, onions and lots of spices.

I have the sliding glass door open and can 
hear the sounds of melting.

Hope everyone has a lovely rest of the day.
Back to top Go down
Zandranna
Owner
Owner
Zandranna

UK

PostSubject: Re: It's Spring Chit Chat   It's Spring Chit Chat - Page 3 Icon_minitime15/04/19, 09:11 am

Results will take about a month I think, if not longer.  But will post them as soon as I get them.

Our weather is slowly taking us into spring.  Nice dry days, and sunny, but the wind is still very chilly.

Yesterday was Palm Sunday so went to church.  Lovely service and as I hadn't been for a while there were a lot of new faces.  They have also changed the way the seating is laid out which allows for a lot more chairs as the church is growing very fast.  There were not many empty chairs either.

My friend Pearl arranged her Baptism yesterday.  I have not long met her as she has only moved into the block a couple of months ago.  She came from a back ground of a Jehovah Witness and found Christ last December.  She has opted to be Baptised in the sea.  Brave lady.  I certainly wouldn't have it done in the sea.

Today I am doing a thorough cleaning.  Not looking forward to it, but it really does need doing.
Back to top Go down
Zandranna
Owner
Owner
Zandranna

UK

PostSubject: Re: It's Spring Chit Chat   It's Spring Chit Chat - Page 3 Icon_minitime18/04/19, 08:41 am

Well, up to today I've had a pretty dull week.

No visitors, except Charlie, no news, and no excitement.

The weather has been decent though, so that's a bonus.

I got some deep cleaning of my kitchen and bathroom done.

But it's really just been walking Louie, reading, computer and watching some recorded programmes.
Back to top Go down
Whisper
Ruby Member
Ruby Member
Whisper

UK

PostSubject: Re: It's Spring Chit Chat   It's Spring Chit Chat - Page 3 Icon_minitime18/04/19, 09:32 am

Nothing exciting going on here either. It did get to 17C yesterday and the forecast is for 18C today gradually rising to 21C on Saturday. I'll take it! The mornings have been quite cloudy but once the sun comes out it really does feel like Spring has finally arrived.

I'm currently washing bedding and might even hang it outdoors for the first time this year. Nothing else to do other than a few chores so I think a goofing off day is in order. Alfie wore me out yesterday so I'm very happy being lazy today.
Back to top Go down
karinsuezen28
Topaz Member
Topaz Member
karinsuezen28

CA
Kudos : 6

PostSubject: Re: It's Spring Chit Chat   It's Spring Chit Chat - Page 3 Icon_minitime19/04/19, 01:54 am

good evening all

susan 

It's Spring Chit Chat - Page 3 Thursdayresizedi know this isn't an evening picture but i love it anyway

and sorry that i'm such a bad poster

now good night all hug
Back to top Go down
Zandranna
Owner
Owner
Zandranna

UK

PostSubject: Re: It's Spring Chit Chat   It's Spring Chit Chat - Page 3 Icon_minitime19/04/19, 07:08 am

Hello Susan.  Cute picture.

I totally forgot yesterday that it was Good Friday today.  I couldn't understand why Charlie was wishing me a good weekend a day early as he left after his cup of tea.

I haven't heard a word from my girls regarding this weekend, so I presume that Aimee, Jess and Martyn are working and as for Sarah I have no idea.  She never works on a Sundays and Bank Holidays, but if Martyn is off I suspect he and Sarah will be off out somewhere. Bank Holidays are simply not the same in my family as they used to be.  Bank Holidays now are no different to any other day.

Lovely day out there, even though it's still very early.  I went to bed early for a change and so I am up early.  I do enjoy it though when I have plenty of time to lounge around before I have to get showered and dressed.
Back to top Go down
Whisper
Ruby Member
Ruby Member
Whisper

UK

PostSubject: Re: It's Spring Chit Chat   It's Spring Chit Chat - Page 3 Icon_minitime19/04/19, 07:50 am

No different here either Sandy. I'm going to take my car for a much needed run and finish up at the supermarket to do my shopping on the way home and that's all I have planned. The sun is already out so it's looking better than the last couple of days and they weren't bad. Forecast is 19C and 21 or maybe even 22C tomorrow. A fine Bank Holiday weekend is such a rarity I bet everywhere will be packed.
Back to top Go down
Geru
Emerald Member
Emerald Member
Geru

CA

PostSubject: Re: It's Spring Chit Chat   It's Spring Chit Chat - Page 3 Icon_minitime20/04/19, 02:20 am

It's Spring Chit Chat - Page 3 Easter10

Wishing you a happy Easter weekend everyone .
Back to top Go down
Zandranna
Owner
Owner
Zandranna

UK

PostSubject: Re: It's Spring Chit Chat   It's Spring Chit Chat - Page 3 Icon_minitime20/04/19, 09:56 am

Happy Easter weekend all.

Another day, another dollar as they say.  Same ole, same ole, for me today.  It's supposed to get up to 73 degs F today.  It was very hot yesterday too.  So hot in fact that when I took my book outside to read in the sun in the afternoon I could only stay out a few minutes.

General tidy and clean up today and then I might do a bit of sewing just to keep me out of mischief.
Back to top Go down
Whisper
Ruby Member
Ruby Member
Whisper

UK

PostSubject: Re: It's Spring Chit Chat   It's Spring Chit Chat - Page 3 Icon_minitime20/04/19, 10:49 am

72F is the forecast for the next couple of days here then dropping to about 69F on Monday. Perfect temperatures for me. I don't like either extreme. I'm doing as little as possible this weekend and definitely staying off the roads.
Back to top Go down
Kerri
Sappire Member
Sappire Member
Kerri

US

PostSubject: Re: It's Spring Chit Chat   It's Spring Chit Chat - Page 3 Icon_minitime21/04/19, 09:28 pm

Hello everyone.

75F/23.88C and sunny.
It is supposed to rain as evening comes on. 

My granddaughters spent the night last night
as my daughter and her husband went to a wedding
and knew they were going to stay out quite late.

I got take-out food from Applebees for my granddaughters
last night so I didn't have to cook.
Then we went and bought some cheap Spring bedding plants/flowers
that they could plant. 
I thought it would keep them busy for a couple of hours.
Even if a frost comes again, they were very cheap.
So it was worth it to keep them entertained for a while.

We often have Easter dinner with family at my daughters.
Because she and my other daughter both went to the wedding,
My husband made a large Easter ham and when I brought 
the girls home, I cut up about half of the ham
and left it at my daughter's house.
I also brought the rest of the fresh fruit that the girls
didn't finish and some sweet corn bread.

Just relaxing now and a lovely breeze is coming in
through the sliding glass screen door.

Hope everyone has a peaceful rest of the day.
Back to top Go down
Whisper
Ruby Member
Ruby Member
Whisper

UK

PostSubject: Re: It's Spring Chit Chat   It's Spring Chit Chat - Page 3 Icon_minitime22/04/19, 10:29 am

Having our usual lunchtime get together at our friend's later. My sister will do her hair for her while we're there. Not sure what we'll get to eat. Depends whether our favourite takeaway place is open today. If not we'll find somewhere that is I'm sure.

The weather is lovely again here. About 22C with a gentle breeze. Very rare we get a sunny Bank Holiday so everyone will be making the most of it.

Your daughter is very lucky Kerri. Nice to come home to food all ready for you.
Back to top Go down
Geru
Emerald Member
Emerald Member
Geru

CA

PostSubject: Re: It's Spring Chit Chat   It's Spring Chit Chat - Page 3 Icon_minitime22/04/19, 07:17 pm

It's Spring Chit Chat - Page 3 Water13It's Spring Chit Chat - Page 3 Water13
It's Spring Chit Chat - Page 3 61916110   Not looking so good out there , not very spring like ,
Back to top Go down
Kerri
Sappire Member
Sappire Member
Kerri

US

PostSubject: Re: It's Spring Chit Chat   It's Spring Chit Chat - Page 3 Icon_minitime23/04/19, 12:51 am

Hi everyone. 

Wendy, 
Hope you had a fun get-together. 

Hi Sandy, Hi Geru, Hi Martha.

It rained all day today.
That was fine with me as my car needed washing. Smile

I went with my husband to his doctor appointment.
He got a new medication and a test done.

He should be feeling better in a few days.

Leftover Easter ham for dinner with fresh green beans
sauteed in olive oil and garlic.

Hope everyone has a peaceful rest of the day.
Back to top Go down
Zandranna
Owner
Owner
Zandranna

UK

PostSubject: Re: It's Spring Chit Chat   It's Spring Chit Chat - Page 3 Icon_minitime23/04/19, 10:24 am

Reading of what you get up to with your little ones Kerri, makes me so miss when mine were that young.  It's a wonderful time.

I went to lunch with my Jess yesterday and then to Matalan.  Gosh they have some gaudy clothes this year.  I found nothing that was even halfway suitable for me.

Plus I was a bit disconcerted to find that the ladies changing rooms were being manned by a young man.  All the ladies stayed locked in their cubicles to change and I didn't see one woman come out to show her friend or whatever to get there opinion as we normally do.  I didn't come out to show Jess and she didn't either.  Having a male organising the changing room brought the whole atmosphere down and sucked all the fun out of trying on clothes.

Then I go on Twitter this morning to find that some councils are now allowing cross dressing men to use the female changing rooms in swimming pools and sports centres.  People are up in arms about it.

I have no plans today but I suspect Charlie might pop in for his usual cuppa.
Back to top Go down
Geru
Emerald Member
Emerald Member
Geru

CA

PostSubject: Re: It's Spring Chit Chat   It's Spring Chit Chat - Page 3 Icon_minitime23/04/19, 06:43 pm

The world is a  strange place now days .......omg It's Spring Chit Chat - Page 3 Yellow10
Back to top Go down
Whisper
Ruby Member
Ruby Member
Whisper

UK

PostSubject: Re: It's Spring Chit Chat   It's Spring Chit Chat - Page 3 Icon_minitime24/04/19, 08:52 am

I've never seen that Sandy. I'd have told him to buzz off. lol

I've got Alfie today from 7.30am until just after 6pm. I'll be exhausted by lunchtime. He never stops. Just watch the gas engineer ring and want to come today. That would be chaos. The pup would probably run off with all his tools. Much as I want the boiler sorted I'm hoping he doesn't choose today.
Back to top Go down
Geru
Emerald Member
Emerald Member
Geru

CA

PostSubject: Re: It's Spring Chit Chat   It's Spring Chit Chat - Page 3 Icon_minitime24/04/19, 07:48 pm

I was downtown yesterday and saw an amazing site .It's Spring Chit Chat - Page 3 Earth_10

A man ( I think ) with beard , wearing a super duper colour full  halter dress , carrying an umbrella that looked like a very colourful striped  show type umbrella , sandals and socks and a colourful head band .   Shocked
Back to top Go down
Kerri
Sappire Member
Sappire Member
Kerri

US

PostSubject: Re: It's Spring Chit Chat   It's Spring Chit Chat - Page 3 Icon_minitime24/04/19, 11:54 pm

Hi everyone.

Geru, 
Maybe he is in a play.
Or maybe he transgender, or artistic 
or just eccentric like Ezra Pound was. 
Are you in a smaller town?
If so, I bet he gets a lot of strange looks.

Sandy, 
I have not encountered a man
in charge of the female rooms to try on clothes here.
It's a large metropolitan area.

I recently was irritated with a woman's 4/5 year old son
peaking under/into the room when I was trying on something.
And I asked, "Would you please tell your son
he needs to stay over there?"
She seemed slightly insulted.
It highly annoys me when people don't teach
their young children basic manners.

Wendy, 
You have Alfie all day long?
Oh my, that would be exhausting for me.

My husband had to go in the hospital again.
Complications from his diabetes.
I took a vacation day from work and spent the day with him.
We had a nice day together,
even though people were coming and going
in and out of his room all day.

He is doing much better
but his kidneys still aren't working as they should
due to infection/sepsis.

Sending hugs to everyone.
Hope everyone has a lovely rest of the day.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: It's Spring Chit Chat   It's Spring Chit Chat - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

It's Spring Chit Chat
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next