It's Spring Chit Chat
A Warm Welcome

This site is - 2651 Days Old
A Warm Welcome to Zan's Zone Guest
Please feel free to come and go as you please.
Please tell me if you see any mistakes in the skin so that I can fix it.
Feel free to add a link to your own board, blog or website in your signature.
The size of images added to signatures are restricted to avoid long scrolling passed them.
If you have made a post on your own board and you would like to post a link to it, Post it Here

It's Spring Chit Chat

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
Zandranna
Owner
Owner
Zandranna

Name : Sandy
UK
Kudos : 140
Birthday : 1st Nov

It's Spring Chit Chat Empty
PostSubject: It's Spring Chit Chat   It's Spring Chit Chat Icon_minitime02/03/19, 10:36 am

It's Spring Chit Chat 23163810

Well, we have had lovely weather down here for the last few days.  Looks like today might be another nice one too.

Yup, as you say a year is a long time.  I will wait and see.

I haven't done much this last couple of days.  Just walking with the dog and even then not far. 

I see on my count down we now have only 27 days to Brexit and I can't believe this close and we still don't know what is going to happen.  It's a disgraceful state of affairs for a country to be in.  Goodness knows what will happen in the next general election as no one trusts any of the major parties.  We are a laughing stock throughout the world.

It's now gone 10:30am and I am still not dressed.  I really must get a move on and drag the dog out of bed to get out for some fresh air.
Back to top Go down
https://twitter.com/SandyYatesUK
Whisper
Ruby Member
Ruby Member
Whisper

UK
Kudos : 51
Mood : Restless

PostSubject: Re: It's Spring Chit Chat   It's Spring Chit Chat Icon_minitime02/03/19, 11:49 am

Light rain the last couple of days here and cooler than of late. Still not bad for Feb though.

I agree the whole thing has become a farce. The government aren't fit to govern and the main opposition party is a complete shambles and not fit to challenge anyone.

I may or may not have visitors arriving later and staying overnight. First they were coming, then they were waiting until next weekend, now they might be coming again. They drive me bonkers. If they show up fine and if not I'll have a peaceful day catching up on shows I'm behind with.
Back to top Go down
Zandranna
Owner
Owner
Zandranna

UK

PostSubject: Re: It's Spring Chit Chat   It's Spring Chit Chat Icon_minitime03/03/19, 10:40 am

Many Happy Returns to you Martha if you happen to pop in.  I hope you have a great day matie.

I've given up being stressed by it all now Wendy.  What will be will be.  I don't think there is anything now the British population can do.  The government will do what they want regardless of what we voted them in for.

If you visitors did turn up I hope you enjoyed their company, and if they didn't turn up you had a lovely peaceful me day.

I haven't been well since Friday.  Got a bit of a cold but a rotten irritating cough.  No idea where I caught it from as I don't know anyone that has it.  It seems to have developed out of thin air.  So today I am going to shower and then get back into my nightie and just lounge around in comfort, sleeping when I feel the need and hopefully it might be gone soon.
Back to top Go down
Whisper
Ruby Member
Ruby Member
Whisper

UK

PostSubject: Re: It's Spring Chit Chat   It's Spring Chit Chat Icon_minitime04/03/19, 10:24 am

Fingers crossed it doesn't amount to much. I'm still trying to get my energy back after that nasty bug I had.

Visitors didn't come so I got a quiet day. They're coming this Friday instead. I've got the monster pup today. He's been "helping" me clean upstairs by trying to kill the vac.

The wind and rain were horrendous yesterday and overnight but no structural damage that I can tell thankfully. Still breezy but mostly gone now and the sun is trying.

Off to our friend's for lunch later with my sister and the two pups will get to play to their hearts' content and hopefully tire themselves out a bit.
Back to top Go down
Zandranna
Owner
Owner
Zandranna

UK

PostSubject: It's Spring Chit Chat   It's Spring Chit Chat Icon_minitime04/03/19, 02:51 pm

We had a heck of a lot of rain during the night too.  It was very loud.

Enjoy your lunch and have fun with the pups.

I'm still feeling a bit grotty and yesterday I did what I said I would and that was put some nice clean jammys on and lounged around.  Today is going to be much of the same except  I am dressed.

I did sit and make a bun snood for Margaret as she wanted one.  Haven't given it to her yet as I don't want to go into visit her and risk giving her this cold.  Which is also why I am not visiting my Sister today either.  The older we get the easier it seems to get sick.
Back to top Go down
Dougalarse
Amethyst Member
Amethyst Member
Dougalarse

Name : Douglas
CA
Kudos : 12

PostSubject: Spring Chit Chat   It's Spring Chit Chat Icon_minitime05/03/19, 07:57 pm

Afternoon Ladies.

Yes Sandy and Wendy too. tongue 

I got a notice in my mail about making a B-Day card into a note book.  Still as crafty as ever Sandy.  Crafty in a good way that is. tongue 

I see the lovely and talented Martha is around. Wink 

Now if you`ll excuse me I need to go shovel some snow that wasn`t predicted by the wonderful weather person!! Evil or Very Mad  Damn cold out there too!
Back to top Go down
Zandranna
Owner
Owner
Zandranna

UK

PostSubject: Re: It's Spring Chit Chat   It's Spring Chit Chat Icon_minitime05/03/19, 10:16 pm

Hi Dougie. Nice to see you pop in.  Yeah, I try to find all sorts to entertain me.

I'm still feeling pretty grotty.  Had a long afternoon kip but woke up feeling no better.  I can't wait to get to the weekend when this may be gone.

I've had a visit today from two of my girls.  Aimee popped in first for an hour and to bring me some meds for my cold and throat.  Then shortly after she left Jess came along for me to make her up a gift card to put into a charity raffle.  She is giving away a free nail treatment.  It didn't look too bad for a gift ticket if I do say it myself.

Aimee is giving away a free 3 course meal at her pub/restaurant and I think Sarah and Martyn are giving the same away from the restaurant that he chefs at.  No idea what any other prizes might be.  Neither did I bother to ask what the charity is for.
Back to top Go down
Kerri
Sappire Member
Sappire Member
Kerri

Name : Kerri
US
Birthday : July 22

PostSubject: Re: It's Spring Chit Chat   It's Spring Chit Chat Icon_minitime05/03/19, 10:23 pm

Hi everyone.

Hope you are feeling better soon, Sandy!
Lots of rest and liquids should help.

Wendy, 
I had to laugh at the monster pup nick name.
Hopefully he got some of his energy out
and you had a good time at your friend's house.

Hi Dougie! 

I had my granddaughters overnight on Saturday night.
We made slime and decorated white t-shirts with fabric pens.
Then I took them to see the new Lego movie on Sunday.
It isn't a movie I would choose, but they enjoyed it.

Hi Geru.  Hi Martha.  Hi Elaine.

I hope everyone has a lovely rest of the day!
Back to top Go down
karinsuezen28
Topaz Member
Topaz Member
karinsuezen28

CA
Kudos : 6

PostSubject: Spring   It's Spring Chit Chat Icon_minitime06/03/19, 12:42 am

good evening all

i hear that you there in england are actually having spring

wish we were

mom and my accountant is coming on tuesday to do ours

susan
Back to top Go down
Whisper
Ruby Member
Ruby Member
Whisper

UK

PostSubject: Re: It's Spring Chit Chat   It's Spring Chit Chat Icon_minitime06/03/19, 09:18 am

We were having Spring but the last few days have been stormy and chilly. They're forecasting a lot of snow for next week too.

Sorry you're still feeling grotty Sandy. Hopefully it won't be for too long.

I actually call the pup Loki (only when I'm talking about him not when I call him) because he's such a monster Kerri. lol Not really a monster but never stops and is always up to some mischief. He doesn't seem to have got the message that puppies sleep a lot in between bursts of energy. He skips that part.

Your granddaughters are very lucky to have you doing all these crafts and outings etc. with them Kerri.

When you've finished that Dougie I've got some housework needs doing.
Back to top Go down
Zandranna
Owner
Owner
Zandranna

UK

PostSubject: Re: It's Spring Chit Chat   It's Spring Chit Chat Icon_minitime06/03/19, 12:55 pm

Thanks for the well wishes ladies.  Had a rotten night but I will catch up with sleep during the day as I did yesterday.

One of my Sisters dogs years ago had the name Loki (at my suggestion).  Lovely dog it was.

Same here weather wise.  Lots of rain at the moment. 

I agree with Wendy Kerri.  Your Grandkids are lucky to have a Grandma like you.  I sometimes wish mine were still young.

Hi Susan.
Back to top Go down
Kerri
Sappire Member
Sappire Member
Kerri

US

PostSubject: Re: It's Spring Chit Chat   It's Spring Chit Chat Icon_minitime10/03/19, 02:01 am

Hi everyone.

Did the usual Saturday morning cleaning.
Ran a few errands and it was 37F/3C which is relatively warm.
It was pleasant enough outside but now it is snowing again. 

Can anyone make it stop snowing!
I am beginning to feel very anxious for Spring. 

Baked carrots and chicken for dinner.

I'm staying away from watching the News tonight.
Our president makes me want to throw something
at the TV when he is on. 
And I like my TV. And my nerves.
So preserving them both tonight.

Hope everyone has a peaceful rest of the day.
Back to top Go down
Whisper
Ruby Member
Ruby Member
Whisper

UK

PostSubject: Re: It's Spring Chit Chat   It's Spring Chit Chat Icon_minitime10/03/19, 10:51 am

lol! We know the feeling Kerri. We feel the same about Brexit.

My visitors have left and I was going to take something up to my brother's because he doesn't drive and it's too heavy to carry up the steep hill to his house. He just rang to tell me to leave it for another day. The forecast was for rain all day but my car just got buried in snow and it will be worse higher up where he lives. I'm happy to leave it and have a lazy day once I've cleared up after my messy visitors.
Back to top Go down
Dougalarse
Amethyst Member
Amethyst Member
Dougalarse

Name : Douglas
CA

PostSubject: Re: It's Spring Chit Chat   It's Spring Chit Chat Icon_minitime10/03/19, 09:18 pm

I hope you`re feeling better Sandy. Colds seem to hang forever it seems.

I didn`t send that snow Wendy!

Kerri he isn`t my president. But I feel the same. Wink  But it seems lately our prime minister isn`t much better.  Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Whisper
Ruby Member
Ruby Member
Whisper

UK

PostSubject: Re: It's Spring Chit Chat   It's Spring Chit Chat Icon_minitime11/03/19, 09:26 am

lol Yeah he's in a spot of bother too.

Did you send the hail showers that followed the snow?

Just doing some cleaning upstairs this morning. Then lunch with my sister and niece at our friend's house. Puppy play date for Alfie and Spencer while we're there too.
Back to top Go down
Zandranna
Owner
Owner
Zandranna

UK

PostSubject: Re: It's Spring Chit Chat   It's Spring Chit Chat Icon_minitime11/03/19, 09:49 am

SNOW?  Wendy.  Oh my.

Oh dear Kerri, but as Wendy says, we are feeling exactly the same about our treacherous Prime Minister at the moment over Brexit.  

As for your President Dougie, I honestly just sit shaking my head at what comes out of his mouth.  There is drastically something wrong with that man.

I am still quite ill, in fact it doesn't seem to be shifting at all, and I now also have conjunctivitis in both eyes.  Never had that before but boy is it uncomfortable.

I had planned a couple of weeks ago to go to a special church meeting this afternoon but there is no way I can in all decency turn up and pass this on to anyone else.  So having another resting day apart from nipping Louie out.
Back to top Go down
Kerri
Sappire Member
Sappire Member
Kerri

US

PostSubject: Re: It's Spring Chit Chat   It's Spring Chit Chat Icon_minitime11/03/19, 09:20 pm

Hi everyone.

Sandy, have you gotten some drops for your eyes
or some antibiotics?
Hope you get some meds and get on the mend.

Dougie, 
I'm going to do everything I can
to get our current president out of office.
I will volunteer to drive people to vote.

Wendy, 
I hope your snow melts soon.
What part of England do you live in, that gets snow?

My best to everyone.
Have a lovely rest of the day.
Back to top Go down
Whisper
Ruby Member
Ruby Member
Whisper

UK

PostSubject: Re: It's Spring Chit Chat   It's Spring Chit Chat Icon_minitime12/03/19, 08:43 am

That sucks Sandy. You're right to stay away from the meeting though.

I live in Lancashire Kerri. It's the NW of England. Today and tomorrow we have weather warnings in place for severe gales. It's already very windy and has done nothing but rain for the last 24 hours. Flooding is forecast for Cumbria which is the county north of me. All that divides us from Scotland.

Going to visit my brother later and then I have my eye test tomorrow morning.
Back to top Go down
Zandranna
Owner
Owner
Zandranna

UK

PostSubject: Re: It's Spring Chit Chat   It's Spring Chit Chat Icon_minitime14/03/19, 12:13 am

I woke up feeling a little better this morning.  Almost human in fact.  I reckon by the weekend I should be more or less ok.

I had to pop to the chemist today to drop my script in and my goodness there was such a cold wind.  I was lazy and whizzed up there on the scooter.  I could have walked as it's not far but what with still feeling grotty and it being so cold out there I just wanted to get there and back as fast as possible.

Jess came this afternoon and spent a couple of hours with me which was nice.  I also did a desperately needed, tiny, bit of housework along with a machine load of washing.  So all in all I did get bits done today.

I just wish the nice weather would come so that it's a joy to leave the flat and not just a chore.

It seems to have been a long winter.
Back to top Go down
Whisper
Ruby Member
Ruby Member
Whisper

UK

PostSubject: Re: It's Spring Chit Chat   It's Spring Chit Chat Icon_minitime14/03/19, 09:29 am

It lulled us in Feb with that warm spell. Today is a repeat of the last few days here. The wind is supposed to ease by late afternoon but at the moment it's dreadful. Recycling boxes and sacks flying everywhere.

Ordered two new pairs of specs. My eyes are very healthy and my distance vision hasn't changed but she strengthened the reading part for me a bit which meant new varifocals and intermediate ones. Worked out cheaper than I expected so although it's a bill I could do without I'm generally happy with it.
Back to top Go down
Zandranna
Owner
Owner
Zandranna

UK

PostSubject: Re: It's Spring Chit Chat   It's Spring Chit Chat Icon_minitime16/03/19, 10:52 am

True, we did get the impression that spring was on the way.  Another day here of dullness and wet.

I dread having my eyes tested now as I know it's gonna cost me a fortune again.

I can now say I am almost completely better.  Still a bit head fuggy but other than that not too bad.

I think I may have sold my trike finally.  I have a woman coming down from Bristol next Saturday to collect it, but until she actually turns up something can always go wrong.

I've been out a couple of times on the scooter just to pick up a bit of shopping this last couple of weeks and I am finding that I am really enjoying using it.  I have a feeling that once the warmer weather comes and I can get out further for some fun runs I'm not going to regret having to get rid of the trike after all.

I still wish I could afford a little faster one (8mph) instead of toddling along at just 6mph, but I am thankful to Charlie for giving it to me.

Today I really must do some housework but I don't want to over do it as this cold virus has really brought me low.  I feel weak as a kitten at the moment.  I have already done the bathroom except for the floor which I will do after I post this, and then if I just wash the kitchen floor as well today I will be happy.
Back to top Go down
Whisper
Ruby Member
Ruby Member
Whisper

UK

PostSubject: Re: It's Spring Chit Chat   It's Spring Chit Chat Icon_minitime16/03/19, 11:17 am

Glad you're on the mend Sandy but you're right not to push it. Fingers crossed on the sale of your trike going through. Although you may want a faster scooter it's a good idea to use the one you have for longer periods and make sure you're happy with one before shelling out a lot of money. It's great to have that option for free.

It's torrential rain and gales here. Looks like a river running down the road.  So far the drains are coping and my car hasn't floated away but I'm sure there will be flooding in some places locally.

My daughter and her partner are coming up this afternoon and staying over. I wasn't expecting them until next Friday so was planning a quiet weekend. Oh well. The best laid plans and all that.
Back to top Go down
Zandranna
Owner
Owner
Zandranna

UK

PostSubject: Re: It's Spring Chit Chat   It's Spring Chit Chat Icon_minitime17/03/19, 02:30 pm

I will probably end up shopping around for one in good condition but 2nd hand for the cost of no more than I get for my trike.  That way I will have lost nothing.

I hope you enjoy your weekend with Daughter and partner.

I thought it was going to be a nice day today but although it's dry it's really very cold.

I managed to get Louie out for a walk.  He dragged his heels on the way out and tried to turn back once but I made him walk a little further.  Once we did turn around to come home he almost ran me back pulling all the way.  I've honestly never known a dog like him.  What dog doesn't get excited to go for a walk.
Back to top Go down
karinsuezen28
Topaz Member
Topaz Member
karinsuezen28

CA
Kudos : 6

PostSubject: Re: It's Spring Chit Chat   It's Spring Chit Chat Icon_minitime18/03/19, 02:52 am

good night all

sweet dreams

susan
Back to top Go down
Whisper
Ruby Member
Ruby Member
Whisper

UK

PostSubject: Re: It's Spring Chit Chat   It's Spring Chit Chat Icon_minitime18/03/19, 10:46 am

It is unusual for a dog. I have a cat that doesn't like going out at all but all my dogs have been enthusiastic to walk whatever the weather.

I've been cleaning upstairs this morning. My back has been really bad for the last week and didn't appreciate vaccing and cleaning the bathroom one bit. I'm relieved to sit down for a while. Alfie helped me by chasing dusters and following the vac the whole time. He's actually being very well behaved right now. Maybe he's starting to calm down a bit. Probably wishful thinking. He'll be having his Monday play date with Spencer later at our friend's place. My sister is picking us up on the way there.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: It's Spring Chit Chat   It's Spring Chit Chat Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

It's Spring Chit Chat
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 13Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next