2020 Has Arrived - Page 2
A Warm Welcome

This site is - 2650 Days Old
A Warm Welcome to Zan's Zone Guest
Please feel free to come and go as you please.
Please tell me if you see any mistakes in the skin so that I can fix it.
Feel free to add a link to your own board, blog or website in your signature.
The size of images added to signatures are restricted to avoid long scrolling passed them.
If you have made a post on your own board and you would like to post a link to it, Post it Here

2020 Has Arrived

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Whisper
Ruby Member
Ruby Member
Whisper

UK
Kudos : 51
Mood : Restless

2020 Has Arrived - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2020 Has Arrived   2020 Has Arrived - Page 2 Icon_minitime31/01/20, 07:21 am

I used to love snow. Now I love it from indoors. lol It's been wet and windy here mostly.

I remember the guilt when mum's appointments got overwhelming Kerri. It's natural to feel swamped and then feel bad about it I think. Sometimes they take over your life and it seems there's no time for anything else.

I had a text from my daughter on Tuesday saying they might come up this weekend. Nothing since so they'll probably show up tomorrow and stay overnight. She's not big on communication. lol Grocery shopping this morning and then a quiet day I hope before they do.
Back to top Go down
Geru
Emerald Member
Emerald Member
Geru

Name : Hannelore
CA
Kudos : 9
Birthday : february 12th

PostSubject: Re: 2020 Has Arrived   2020 Has Arrived - Page 2 Icon_minitime06/02/20, 08:35 pm

Another  wet day here,  ....what else is  new ....lol
February brings tax  time to the foreground I guess,  yuk, hate doing this , but it needs to be done .
 Wendy .... so ... Brexit is in now, so does this mean you no longer use the Euro ??? I know little about this .
Hope you enjoyed  your daughters visit .
Kerri:  hats off to you for all you do , full time job too, you have your hands full 
Sandy : hope you are well and happy .2020 Has Arrived - Page 2 Urswee10
Back to top Go down
Whisper
Ruby Member
Ruby Member
Whisper

UK

PostSubject: Re: 2020 Has Arrived   2020 Has Arrived - Page 2 Icon_minitime07/02/20, 07:40 am

Frosty here this morning. First time for a while. It's stayed above freezing for most of the winter so far. Daughter has been and gone. She bought a new laptop while she was here so guess who got to set that up for her. I'm looking forward to a quiet weekend once I get the grocery shopping done this morning.

Brexit has happened although there's a transition period until the end of this year so not much has changed. We never used the Euro because we're contrary Geru. lol
Back to top Go down
Geru
Emerald Member
Emerald Member
Geru

CA

PostSubject: Re: 2020 Has Arrived   2020 Has Arrived - Page 2 Icon_minitime14/02/20, 04:57 pm

2020 Has Arrived - Page 2 2521ci11Happy Valentines Day to all the ladies  on here .

The sun is out right now, but won't be for long I don't think , been raining lots lately .  

Treating myself to lunch out  today .....need a change .

Whisper:   wish I had your knowledge about computers ..... .... 
Back to top Go down
Kerri
Sappire Member
Sappire Member
Kerri

Name : Kerri
US
Kudos : 12
Birthday : July 22

PostSubject: Re: 2020 Has Arrived   2020 Has Arrived - Page 2 Icon_minitime14/02/20, 08:31 pm

Hi everyone.

Thank you, Wendy and Geru for your kind words.

Arctic cold weather here for the last 2 days.
Tomorrow is supposed to be back to normal temperatures
for this time of year.
I imagine it will feel like Spring after the brutal cold.
It's all relative.

I'm looking out through the sliding glass door
and the sun is shining and the sky is a beautiful blue.

Wendy,
Kind of you to set up your daughter's new laptop. 
I hope you get your quiet weekend. 

Geru,
Happy valentines day!
Enjoy your lunch out.
We all need a change once in a while. 

My best to Sandy and Martha. 
Take care, everyone.
Back to top Go down
Whisper
Ruby Member
Ruby Member
Whisper

UK

PostSubject: Re: 2020 Has Arrived   2020 Has Arrived - Page 2 Icon_minitime15/02/20, 10:15 am

I'm no computer expert. Just a lot of years of experience with the temperamental things. lol Self preservation makes you learn as you go.

Last weekend was Storm Ciara here. Winds up to 100mph and a lot of rain. Caused chaos. This weekend we have Storm Dennis. Not quite as strong winds (up to about 80mph I think) but even more rain falling onto already saturated ground so more flooding on the cards. My least favourite weather. I really hate gales.

Apart from that last weekend and this were/are quiet ones.
Back to top Go down
Kerri
Sappire Member
Sappire Member
Kerri

US

PostSubject: Re: 2020 Has Arrived   2020 Has Arrived - Page 2 Icon_minitime16/02/20, 09:37 pm

Hi everyone. 

Wendy, I hope you are doing OK and not feeling
the intense impact of Storm Dennis. 

It's been on the news and looks awful!
Take care. 

Hi Geru, Sandy, and Martha.

I have to get my car looked at tomorrow morning. 
It looks like it might be something to do with the transmission. 
I hate the T word when there are car issues. 
That usually means $$$$$$.

Take care everyone and stay safe.
Back to top Go down
Whisper
Ruby Member
Ruby Member
Whisper

UK

PostSubject: Re: 2020 Has Arrived   2020 Has Arrived - Page 2 Icon_minitime17/02/20, 07:24 am

I hope you're wrong Kerri and it's something less expensive to fix.

I've had water coming in under the back door and through a couple of windows plus more loose slates on the roof. Soggy towels everywhere so I'm glad I kept a lot of old ones. Compared to some people though I haven't fared too badly in the storms. Just exhausting trying to keep on top of mopping up and drying towels etc. It was supposed to have eased off by the early hours of this morning but Mother Nature hasn't got the memo yet.
Back to top Go down
Geru
Emerald Member
Emerald Member
Geru

CA

PostSubject: Re: 2020 Has Arrived   2020 Has Arrived - Page 2 Icon_minitime23/02/20, 08:25 pm

It's  raining here  , dark and dreary looking ,some wind too , suppose to go up to 50km p.h .  Had lots of sun shine the past week, so better not complain . Our east region is getting a tough winter this year , lucky to be out west. 

Wendy:  been reading about your storms , sure hope that's the end of it for this winter   , no picnic  trying to soak up those leaks and maybe a big repair bill coming up !!  

Kerri:  I will keep my fingers crossed for your car , that T word is bad news most of the time , but maybe you will get off easy this time .

Hello to Sandy and Martha , hope you are both fine .2020 Has Arrived - Page 2 Hug2dt10
Back to top Go down
Whisper
Ruby Member
Ruby Member
Whisper

UK

PostSubject: Re: 2020 Has Arrived   2020 Has Arrived - Page 2 Icon_minitime25/02/20, 07:59 am

Small amounts of snow the last couple of nights but it's getting washed away by the continuing rain at this level. Still plenty on the hills though.

Off to my brother's later so I'm hoping my car is clear by then. Wednesday and Thursday I'm looking after his daughter's Yorkshire Terrier. Long story but he needs to be away from home for a few days. Not sure how my cat will take to him staying overnight. The pups have always gone home in the evening. Mind you she'll be bigger than the dog. lol She didn't like how Alfie always chased her but I'm hoping she'll be fine with this one who is used to cats.
Back to top Go down
Kerri
Sappire Member
Sappire Member
Kerri

US

PostSubject: Re: 2020 Has Arrived   2020 Has Arrived - Page 2 Icon_minitime29/02/20, 05:21 pm

Hi everyone. 

It 42F/6C and sunny right now.
That is mild for February here,
so I'm happy about that.

I'm fighting a sore throat and congestion.
I feel like I'm losing the battle right now.
Soup and meds in a bit should help a little.
If, nothing else the warm soup feels good going down.

Wendy, I hope all went well with the Yorkie and your cat.
My aunt used to have Yorkies. 
Named Kiwi and Kirby. 
Kirby was a tiny little guy.
My aunt would always have their long bangs in a pony tail
on top of their head so they could see where they were going. 

Geru, It was the transmission cooling line.
But it cost me a lot less than it might have
if it was something more serious.
Hope all is well with you.

Hi Sandy. Hi Martha.

Take care everyone.
Back to top Go down
Whisper
Ruby Member
Ruby Member
Whisper

UK

PostSubject: Re: 2020 Has Arrived   2020 Has Arrived - Page 2 Icon_minitime01/03/20, 10:14 am

Glad it wasn't as expensive as you feared Kerri. It's my boiler costing me a fortune right now. Always something. The cat and Yorkie were fine thankfully. I hope you feel better soon. No fun when you can't breathe properly.

My granddaughter and her fiance came to visit for the day yesterday. Nice to catch up with them. Her baby is due in June so she's getting quite big. Her brother's little boy was born on the 16th Feb so I'll soon be a great grandmother twice over. Scary thought. I didn't realize I was that old. lol
Back to top Go down
Geru
Emerald Member
Emerald Member
Geru

CA

PostSubject: Re: 2020 Has Arrived   2020 Has Arrived - Page 2 Icon_minitime04/03/20, 06:38 pm

Lovely sunny day right now ,but it's a bit windy , sitting at 6c going up to 9c so it says . Off to run a bunch of errands today and keep a Dr. appointment 

Whisper: You have your hands full looking after everyones pets, hope your cat will stand the strain .... lol .

Kerri:   Take good care of your self , there is all this scary new virus stuff going around !!!   Glad your car did not rob you blind this time .

2020 Has Arrived - Page 2 Ani5fs11
Back to top Go down
Whisper
Ruby Member
Ruby Member
Whisper

UK

PostSubject: Re: 2020 Has Arrived   2020 Has Arrived - Page 2 Icon_minitime07/03/20, 11:10 am

I had my granddaughter and her fiance up last weekend and my daughter and her partner are here this weekend. I'm just checking in on boards while they've nipped into town for something. I managed to avoid getting dragged shopping this time thankfully.

Another of our airlines has collapsed this week. Unfortunately it's the one my GD and her fiance both work for. Not good news for them with a baby due in June. The forecast is for more to go under this year too.

I still haven't rebooked my flights from the last collapse and I think I'll hold off a bit longer until things hopefully settle down a bit. So many flights are currently being cancelled.
Back to top Go down
Geru
Emerald Member
Emerald Member
Geru

CA

PostSubject: Re: 2020 Has Arrived   2020 Has Arrived - Page 2 Icon_minitime07/03/20, 07:03 pm

Spring  is on it's way I think .....the downtown streets are lined with blooming trees , pink and white , very pretty .
Found some daffodils blooming here and there yesterday . 
It is still kind of cool , sunny and a bit  windy .
I need to do the usual grocery shopping , you would not believe  it , the shelves are empty ,( specially the toilet paper, Kleenex and paper Towels )  folks are stocking piling shear panic is setting in . I don't  see many face masks as yet, but they are coming !!! 

Whisper: you  are a busy lady with all the company you have, but enjoying it I think .
Sad news about another airline going down and all the jobs being lost . I hope your GD and her fiance can find new positions fast .
Smart move to save that planned trip for a bit , travelling right now is risky I think .

Hello to Kerri , Sandy , Martha , Elaine .
2020 Has Arrived - Page 2 Goodmo13
Back to top Go down
Whisper
Ruby Member
Ruby Member
Whisper

UK

PostSubject: Re: 2020 Has Arrived   2020 Has Arrived - Page 2 Icon_minitime08/03/20, 10:48 am

People panic buy at the slightest thing these days. Crazy!

I'm not going until August Geru so hopefully things will have calmed down by then. I'll still go but I'm holding off on the booking to lower the risk of it getting cancelled again.

Visitors have gone so I'm planning a lazy Sunday just me, the cat and Netflix.
Back to top Go down
Geru
Emerald Member
Emerald Member
Geru

CA

PostSubject: Re: 2020 Has Arrived   2020 Has Arrived - Page 2 Icon_minitime17/03/20, 12:23 am

Well, the sun is out today , and it's a bit warmer,but spring  is not here all together yet.
Panic has set in here , no matter where you go, the shelves are bare, no milk, no bread , no flour etc,etc .  The Drugstores are out of rubber gloves , rubbing alcohol , aspirins etc etc , it is getting bad . All I have to say , they should all be wearing face masks , to stop the virus from spreading . The Virus is going unknowingly  undetected and 
people just think they have the seasonal flu or  just a cold , and then they go visit in long term care facilities and unknowingly infect the the old people in there .

I read UK is not doing anything to help curtail the spread , not good .  Well, I best stop here .
2020 Has Arrived - Page 2 Twindo12
Back to top Go down
Whisper
Ruby Member
Ruby Member
Whisper

UK

PostSubject: Re: 2020 Has Arrived   2020 Has Arrived - Page 2 Icon_minitime17/03/20, 09:01 am

You read wrong. All sorts of measures are in place and some very stringent ones coming into force shortly. My sister works in a care home and her daughter is a nurse. Their biggest concern isn't for themselves but inadvertently taking it into work without knowing they've contracted it.

We're banned from the US for now but hopefully that will change before I planned to go.
Back to top Go down
Geru
Emerald Member
Emerald Member
Geru

CA

PostSubject: Re: 2020 Has Arrived   2020 Has Arrived - Page 2 Icon_minitime19/03/20, 06:52 pm

Whisper;  I am glad they are taking measure within the country .  Anyone of us may carry the  virus around unknowingly , that's where the danger lies to all of us .

What I thought I read , was:  Some Dr .or Government Official said that Britain is not doing anything to stop entry in to your country  from other countries etc etc .
He figured it could not be stopped .
We have 273 cases in BC Canada today and 7 death , things are rolling along fast .
Back to top Go down
Whisper
Ruby Member
Ruby Member
Whisper

UK

PostSubject: Re: 2020 Has Arrived   2020 Has Arrived - Page 2 Icon_minitime20/03/20, 07:59 am

It's true we haven't closed the borders yet but the WHO's advice has been against that from the start. A high rate of testing going on though. Schools and many workplaces are closed or have only a skeleton staff working. One of the main focuses is on keeping the NHS going.

I'm off to brave the rugby scrums at the supermarket this morning. Sharpening my elbows first though. The good news is it's sunny, calm and frosty. Very welcome after non-stop rain and gales.
Back to top Go down
Geru
Emerald Member
Emerald Member
Geru

CA

PostSubject: Re: 2020 Has Arrived   2020 Has Arrived - Page 2 Icon_minitime24/03/20, 06:53 pm

Raining here today , but lightly .
All you can read on the Net is all about the virus ... oh dear. 
Grocery stores around here will only let so many in the door at a time now , and you can't bring your own bag , you must use a paper bag they give you .
I see UK is having the lock down ...well, lets hope it all helps .Things are getting serious .
2020 Has Arrived - Page 2 Hello210
Back to top Go down
Geru
Emerald Member
Emerald Member
Geru

CA

PostSubject: Re: 2020 Has Arrived   2020 Has Arrived - Page 2 Icon_minitime28/03/20, 01:03 am

We have 9c ,had sunshine most of the day, but now it's clouded over and feels chilly 

The News around here is the same as yours  , yuk yuk yuk ,oh my .
It's stay home time around here, streets are bare, only a few out , doing the shopping that may be needed . Only Grocery stores , drug stores , and some some banks are open , the clerks are all wearing masks , and customers are keeping the distance of 6 feet where ever possible .
Panic buying still going on , Toilet paper, paper towels are not to be had .  Hope everyone is keeping well over there .
2020 Has Arrived - Page 2 Nnsnag12
Back to top Go down
Whisper
Ruby Member
Ruby Member
Whisper

UK

PostSubject: Re: 2020 Has Arrived   2020 Has Arrived - Page 2 Icon_minitime28/03/20, 09:23 am

We've had a couple of days with frosty starts but followed by lovely sunshine. It reached 15C one day. A pity we're mostly stuck indoors now the weather has turned. It's much the same here as there I think. Only essential workers going to work and apart from necessary shopping, walking the dog etc. people have to say home. I took the car for a run to charge the battery since it had been sitting for ages. The motorway was virtually dead. It's a bit spooky. Like a glimpse of what a post apocalyptic world would be like.
Back to top Go down
Kerri
Sappire Member
Sappire Member
Kerri

US

PostSubject: Re: 2020 Has Arrived   2020 Has Arrived - Page 2 Icon_minitime29/03/20, 07:46 am

Hi everyone.

The state I live in has been put on lockdown
by the governor.
It is decided state by state in the United States.

I work in the admin area of a corporation
that is tied to the construction industry.
So my job is considered essential. (Not sure why)
I still have to report to work.
My place of employment has given us a letter
on company letterhead to carry with us
in case we get stopped on our way 
to or from work.
I can't imagine a police officer stopping anyone
at this point. 

I have face masks from all the times my husband
has been in the hospital.
They used to put them out for people to take.
Now I wear one when I am working. 
I also have boxes of gloves because I had to change
my husband's bandages when the wound care nurse
missed coming to the house. I would shave to do it.
So I wear gloves at work, too.

I went grocery shopping yesterday, 
(with my hospital mask on)
and surprisingly, the shelves were pretty well stocked.
They were a little empty in some stores at first.
If I can't find something in the grocery stores nearby
I can stop at the one that is near where I work. 

I work or shop, and when I come home,
I undress at the door, put my clothes in the dirty laundry basket
and soap down in a hot shower.

I worry about bringing the virus home to my husband. 
So far, he seems fine.

I also miss spending quality time with my grandchildren
on the weekend. 
I stopped by and gave them air hugs from the sidewalk
as they stood in the doorway.
(The schools are closed so they do their schooling online now.)

Take care, everyone, and I hope everyone stays healthy and safe.
Back to top Go down
Whisper
Ruby Member
Ruby Member
Whisper

UK

PostSubject: Re: 2020 Has Arrived   2020 Has Arrived - Page 2 Icon_minitime29/03/20, 10:59 am

Sounds like you're taking every precaution you practically can Kerri. Police are actually stopping people here now and questioning why they're on the streets. Without a good reason fines start at £60 followed by £120 for a second offence. For businesses not complying with the rules they can be up to £5000 and for individuals up to I think it's £980 so hopefully enough to deter anyone flouting the rules without a very good reason.

I was supposed to meet my new great grandson this weekend but obviously their visit has been cancelled now. They sent photos instead.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2020 Has Arrived   2020 Has Arrived - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2020 Has Arrived
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Zan's Zone :: Now We're Buzzing :: Coffee Break-
Jump to: