2020 Has Arrived
A Warm Welcome

This site is - 2646 Days Old
A Warm Welcome to Zan's Zone Guest
Please feel free to come and go as you please.
Please tell me if you see any mistakes in the skin so that I can fix it.
Feel free to add a link to your own board, blog or website in your signature.
The size of images added to signatures are restricted to avoid long scrolling passed them.
If you have made a post on your own board and you would like to post a link to it, Post it Here

2020 Has Arrived

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Zandranna
Owner
Owner
Zandranna

Name : Sandy
UK
Kudos : 140
Birthday : 1st Nov

2020 Has Arrived Empty
PostSubject: 2020 Has Arrived   2020 Has Arrived Icon_minitime02/01/20, 10:39 am

I have been gone so long that I have forgotten how to programme (code) the innards of this board.  It's all new to me again.  But what I have discovered is that the price of having no ads has gone up tremendously.  Therefore as much as I hate seeing ads on the pages unfortunately I can't afford to renew the package.

I wont go into the why's and wherefore's of why I have been missing for so long but will be starting anew from now.

I had a really good Christmas with my girls and I hope your Christmas was great too.  I'm sure that this new year will be a good one.

My immediate news is that I am losing all my girls in one swoop.  They are all moving way up North in a fortnight to Colby in Cumbria.  I say all of them, but I am unsure yet if Aimee is going with them.  She isn't even sure yet herself.

I am very sad about this, as it's not somewhere I want to live so I wont (I doubt) be following them at any point.  Although who knows what could happen in the future.

I am a Southern Gal, through and through, and it's far too cold and wet up there for me to bear.  Plus I have taken over 2 years to make a life for myself since moving into this new flat and the thought of having to start all over again I am not at all keen on.

Sarah and her fella Martyn got married just before Christmas and Jess has a permanent chap Adam who will be buying their own house shortly up there.  Aimee is still fancy free.

Both Jess and Adam have jobs already sorted to walk into after they move.  In fact Jess starts her new job on the 17th of his month having moved up there on the 15th, she will also be starting up her own business at the same time on the same premises of where she will have her paid job.  Adam has yet to get his start date sorted.

Sarah isn't planning on finding a job directly but Martyn will be temping as a Chef.  More money than getting a full time permanent job.

I am pleased for them to start their new venture, but I wont be seeing much of them because it's an 8 hour journey by train and train fares don't come cheap so I am feeling quite sad.

I hope all of you are keeping well and look forward to catching up with you.

Happy New Year all.
Back to top Go down
https://twitter.com/SandyYatesUK
Kerri
Sappire Member
Sappire Member
Kerri

Name : Kerri
US
Kudos : 12
Birthday : July 22

2020 Has Arrived Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2020 Has Arrived   2020 Has Arrived Icon_minitime03/01/20, 01:17 am

Happy New Year, Sandy.

I can imagine how torn you are
with your girls moving away, yet you have made a life for yourself.
And have a lovely little apartment of your own near the sea.

My best wishes for you
whatever you decide to do. 

Kerri
Back to top Go down
Whisper
Ruby Member
Ruby Member
Whisper

UK
Kudos : 51
Mood : Restless

2020 Has Arrived Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2020 Has Arrived   2020 Has Arrived Icon_minitime03/01/20, 07:39 am

It is sad Sandy but I can appreciate why you've chosen to stay put. The climate is definitely a bit kinder where you are than up here and the deal with your flat is a great one too.

Good to hear jobs are waiting for most of them and congratulations to Sarah and Martyn. They'll soon learn how to talk funny. :D I know you'll miss them a lot but hopefully you can Skype often and keep up with their lives that way. A long journey but have you checked out coaches rather than trains. They're often much cheaper and sometimes get you closer to your destination too.

Nice to "see" you Kerri. I hope your little man is still charming the pants off you. Metaphorically speaking that is.
Back to top Go down
Zandranna
Owner
Owner
Zandranna

UK

2020 Has Arrived Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2020 Has Arrived   2020 Has Arrived Icon_minitime03/01/20, 10:27 am

Hello both.  So very nice to see that you both still pop in here.

I had lunch with Jess yesterday and I actually said to her then Wendy that her children will be speaking with that northern accent.

Aimee skyped me last night and it seems she has finally decided what she is doing.  Her and her friend Jess are going to continue with the tenancy of Sarah's and Martyns house that they have at the moment.  There is 5 months on the lease left.  It will give them time to see if they can live together as well as work together before they either find another place or separate.  I get the impression that friend Jess isn't of the reliable type.  It also gives Aimee 5 more months to decide if she wants to follow the others up north or stay down south.

Coaches for me are out, although I do enjoy travelling by coach, because they don't take dogs.  But Jess text me last night to say that when I go up if I make my way to Preston her and Adam can pick me from there.  They can nip across to Blackpool, visit Adams family, and pick me up on the way back.  That means the train part of the journey will be a lot shorter as I wont have to go through London, changing stations via the underground, along with making it a lot cheaper for me.  As she said, kill two birds with one stone.

I was going to go to the Range today to see what they had left in their sales, but once I was up and dressed I didn't fancy it.  It's so blasted cold out there.  So it's a dog walk.  A quick trip to the top of the road to put my script in the chemist and back home again in the warm.
Back to top Go down
Whisper
Ruby Member
Ruby Member
Whisper

UK

2020 Has Arrived Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2020 Has Arrived   2020 Has Arrived Icon_minitime04/01/20, 10:32 am

Nice that someone will be around for a few more months. It will give you time to adapt as well as time for Aimee to decide on her future. Her friend being Jess too threw me for a while.

I never thought about coaches not taking dogs. Very uncivilized of them! Preston is often a good choice. Lots of routes going from there but even better if they can pick you up from there. I didn't know Adam's family were from Blackpool. Their kids will definitely learn how to talk proper like what we do. Wink

The weather here has been damp and dreary for a couple of weeks now. Nothing weather I call it. No heavy rain, no gales, no sunshine or frosts. It's struggling to come light. Depressing after a while.
Back to top Go down
Kerri
Sappire Member
Sappire Member
Kerri

US

2020 Has Arrived Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2020 Has Arrived   2020 Has Arrived Icon_minitime05/01/20, 04:57 am

Hi everyone.

Sandy, 
Sounds like it would make the journey shorter
if Jess and Adam can pick you up at a stop on the way.
It is cold here, too.
I went out today for a bit
but was glad to be home again.

Wendy, 
Yes, Elijah James is still charming
the metaphorical pants off me.
I watched him for my daughter today
so she could go grocery shopping and run errands.
He is crawling now and I have to watch him closely.

He is less interested in all the toys he has
and more interested in everything
I try to keep out of his reach.
(Or any piece of lint or tiny thing my vacuum has missed.)

A cold but sunny day here.

Hope everyone has a peaceful rest of the day.
Back to top Go down
Zandranna
Owner
Owner
Zandranna

UK

2020 Has Arrived Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2020 Has Arrived   2020 Has Arrived Icon_minitime05/01/20, 12:02 pm

The crawling stage is exhausting.  They have just discovered a brand new world and are out to conquer it.  lol.

They certainly will end up talking funny just like you northern foreigners do Wendy, lol. Well the great grandkids will anyway. 

Well, I did say friend Jess is not of the reliable type in the previous post, and I have been proved right.  I've just found out that she has decided that she doesn't want to flat share.  Aimee was too upset on the phone to discuss it so I have no idea why yet.  At this point I'm assuming that the girls wants to continue living with her parents.  I'm sure I will find out why soon.

In the meantime, Aimee hasn't a clue what to decide to do. She does have the opportunity to have a room at the hotel she works in and when the other manager leaves in a couple of months she has been told she can take the management flat on upstairs rent free.  Or of course she may decide to go up north with the others.

I'm having a lazy day, although I am pottering a bit with some housework.  Not a lot, but some.
Back to top Go down
Geru
Emerald Member
Emerald Member
Geru

Name : Hannelore
CA
Kudos : 9
Birthday : february 12th

2020 Has Arrived Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2020 Has Arrived   2020 Has Arrived Icon_minitime05/01/20, 08:24 pm

Wendy : Weather  is dark and dreary here too  * nothing weather *, lol! good name for it . But ... just think of Australia, so blazing hot, all is on Fire , pretty drastic over there, so I am counting my blessing right now . Come to think of it , wonder if any one has heard from Martha ?  wonder if she lives near the fires ??Do hope she is safe. 

Sandy :   nice to see you back here , we have missed you .  I have read all the post's but surely can't keep up with all the news about them . But I do hope they will be happy  in their new  area up north .
You seem all settled in your place and your life Sandy , you have made new friends too. so a trip ever so often to visit them will be a nice break for you, you can then decide......... maybe , yes or no to the move up there . My family has moved away too , back up north , and I don't like that new location  at all, so Here I stay . Ps.  sounds like the Hotel wants to keep Aimee , free rent offers don't come often 

Kerri:   That new Grandson sounds like lots of fun for you , the terrible two's are coming up down the road,get ready ..... lol . but I guess you remember only to well  I bet .

I  have taken down my tree and all the decorations , things are getting back to normal . Got lots of appointments coming up next week etc etc , hair cut time soon too .

2020 Has Arrived Goodmo11
Back to top Go down
Whisper
Ruby Member
Ruby Member
Whisper

UK

2020 Has Arrived Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2020 Has Arrived   2020 Has Arrived Icon_minitime06/01/20, 07:29 am

Back to normal here too whatever that is. lol Yes Australia is having it tough right now. They're used to bush fires but these are pretty extreme even for there. Sad how many homes have been lost not to mention lives too including some volunteer firefighters.

Disappointing for Aimee Sandy but maybe better to find out now than after they'd got a flat together. I hope things work out for her whatever she decides. The hotel offer does sound like a good one unless she particularly wants to move north.

I'll be off out for our usual Monday lunchtime get together later but before that I need to work up the enthusiasm to clean upstairs. It's not particularly grotty but those cat hairs get everywhere including my keyboard.
Back to top Go down
Geru
Emerald Member
Emerald Member
Geru

CA

2020 Has Arrived Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2020 Has Arrived   2020 Has Arrived Icon_minitime06/01/20, 08:11 pm

It's raining here today, and more coming up as the forecast says . OH well , better then snow ice or fire .
Nothing much new here today, good day for some cooking and cleaning  , appointment keeping later on, hope it clears up a bit .

Wendy: enjoy your Monday get together lunch.   I am sneezing just reading about that cat hair  lol!
, I love cats , but have bad allergies , not allowed to have any here anyways . 
2020 Has Arrived Ani5fs10
Back to top Go down
Zandranna
Owner
Owner
Zandranna

UK

2020 Has Arrived Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2020 Has Arrived   2020 Has Arrived Icon_minitime10/01/20, 08:04 am

Seems over the last weeks they have arrested over 100 people for starting the fires in Australia.  There is an unconfirmed rumour that many of them are climate change activists setting them to prove that they is climate change.

I agree with the "Aimee finding out now rather than later".  I still don't know the whole story.

She is now moving up north with the others.  Her furniture is going up with the van on Tuesday and being as how she put her notice in late, due to her not knowing she was going, she will be following up on the 4th of February.  In the meantime she will be staying in a room at her work place.

It's going to be very strange knowing that they are not around the corner so to speak.  But I will just have to get used to it.
Back to top Go down
Whisper
Ruby Member
Ruby Member
Whisper

UK

2020 Has Arrived Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2020 Has Arrived   2020 Has Arrived Icon_minitime11/01/20, 11:05 am

In that case I wish her luck. It's great that she has a room at work available to her until then. It's a big change for all of them including you but people tend to be very adaptable. I'm sure they'll settle in soon enough. Much easier when you're still relatively young than it would be for us oldies.

I'm planning a quiet and very lazy weekend. It's my daughter's birthday today so her partner has taken her to London for the weekend. They'll be up here next weekend so I'm told.
Back to top Go down
Geru
Emerald Member
Emerald Member
Geru

CA

2020 Has Arrived Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2020 Has Arrived   2020 Has Arrived Icon_minitime12/01/20, 01:04 am

We are expecting some cold weather soon  , and snow so   it says , yuk, don't like the sound of that at all , I hate shovelling .

Nothing much new here ....I am out every day running errands ,getting my exercise.   Need to  walk lots , putting wait on , and eat less .... lol .

Sandy:  wow , that seems drastic   acting  of the climate change  people, but just likely true to some extent ..... the fires are just way out of line for Australia  . 
I hope that Aimee will like it up north now that she has decided to go with the others . You will soon find new friends , but I know that is not like family close by . 

Wendy: enjoy the company when it arrives . 

I am off to make supper ,2020 Has Arrived Nnsnag11
Back to top Go down
Zandranna
Owner
Owner
Zandranna

UK

2020 Has Arrived Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2020 Has Arrived   2020 Has Arrived Icon_minitime12/01/20, 09:10 am

I hope your Daughter had a great day yesterday Wendy. Although I'm sure she did.

Oh my!  I hate the weight fighting that it seems that most of us women have to go through all of our lives.  Good luck with it Geru.  

The fires are also worse each year now in Aussie due to the Green party over there forcing them to stop making fire breaks ahead of fire season.  They no longer can dig ditches and cut back brush to prevent fires spreading. Those so called environmentalists have a lot to answer for.

As for Aimee.  I think this is the best thing for her.  Personally I think she needs a new start somewhere fresh. 

It's a cold but bright sunny day here.  I just have to pop to the top of the road for a couple of bits.  Pearl (friend) and I are not going to church today.  We might spend a couple of hours later together on Bible study instead.
Back to top Go down
Whisper
Ruby Member
Ruby Member
Whisper

UK

2020 Has Arrived Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2020 Has Arrived   2020 Has Arrived Icon_minitime12/01/20, 10:16 am

Send some of that sunshine here please Sandy. We haven't seen any for weeks. Yesterday was showers and very strong winds. Today the wind has eased a lot but it's been raining heavily since early last night. Hardly seems to come light recently.

I'm sure my daughter made sure she got very spoiled yesterday. She's very good at spending other people's money for them. lol Not so keen on parting with her own.

Not much happening today so I might make a concerted effort to find new flights for my holiday in August. Not impressed so far. Either very long stopovers or stopovers at airports I'd rather avoid or just very inconvenient departure or arrival times. Not to mention extortionate prices. Come back Thomas Cook please! I had booked great flights and direct from Manchester to San Francisco so I'm a bit more than peeved.
Back to top Go down
Geru
Emerald Member
Emerald Member
Geru

CA

2020 Has Arrived Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2020 Has Arrived   2020 Has Arrived Icon_minitime12/01/20, 09:21 pm

Sun is out right now ,but won't hold my breath , it's windy big time ,and more to come ,and rain too , snow is forecast , yuk yuk .  One thing though.... it is not cold , we sit at 6c . 

Got to color my hair today , yuk .

Sandy:  thanks for explaining about what is really going on in Australia , you are right , these environmentalist's  should change their rules and regulations real quick like   , Australia is burning up . Thousand of animals are dying out because of it ,  not sure about human lives, have not heard .

Good luck to Aimee , with her decision to move .

Wendy :Planning a flight can be fun , good luck with finding a cheap one .
Flying is getting risky these days , I for one would not set a foot in the a plane right now2020 Has Arrived Good2d11
Back to top Go down
Zandranna
Owner
Owner
Zandranna

UK

2020 Has Arrived Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2020 Has Arrived   2020 Has Arrived Icon_minitime14/01/20, 11:00 am

Good morning Ladies.

Weather absolutely awful here today.  High winds and lots of rain.  No fun at all.

I'm pleased your Daughter had a lovely birthday Wendy.

Sarah and Martyn came for lunch yesterday and for us to say our last goodbye's before they move today.  I have to admit to getting a bit tearful as we had our last hug.

Tonight I am going out for dinner with Jess, Aimee and Adam as Jess and Adam are off tomorrow.

Aimee will be staying on and off with me for the next 3 weeks while she works her notice with her job and then she too will be disappearing up north.  It's on and off because the nights she stays to have a drink after work she will be sleeping there but spending her other free time and nights with me.
Back to top Go down
Geru
Emerald Member
Emerald Member
Geru

CA

2020 Has Arrived Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2020 Has Arrived   2020 Has Arrived Icon_minitime14/01/20, 08:09 pm

l...it has arrived ........snow ....  still  snowing lightly now ,yuk yuk, and it is -4 c right now .Now that is cold for us , but  compared to out East , this is the tropics ... Warmer days are forecast .My walking is limited now , do not want to slip and fall .  I count my blessings  when I think of Australia .  
House work on the agenda today , hum drum ....lol . Might get ready for the income tax man soon , maybe add up all my medical expenses first to get started .

Sandy:  So sorry to hear you are teary eyed cause your family is moving , cheer up ,you will go and visit them soon .   Enjoy  Aimee 's visit's  while they last .
Back to top Go down
Whisper
Ruby Member
Ruby Member
Whisper

UK

2020 Has Arrived Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2020 Has Arrived   2020 Has Arrived Icon_minitime15/01/20, 07:48 am

I love snow. I just prefer to watch it from indoors these days. lol

It's bound to be emotional Sandy. It's going to be a big adjustment for you. Skype will be burning red hot I bet.

I've been putting off replacing my desktop for over two years now. I hate taming new ones. With support for Win 7 ending yesterday I'm going to have to get more serious about it though. I know some stuff I like won't work with Win 10 because I've already tried it on my laptop. Eventually I'll appreciate the improved speed etc. but right now I'm not looking forward to the wrestling match that always comes with a new one. When mum died she left us all a small amount of money and I put it aside for when this computer died because it was getting old and temperamental back then. I managed to sort it out though and now I'm reluctant to replace something that works fine. Time to bite the bullet though I think.
Back to top Go down
Geru
Emerald Member
Emerald Member
Geru

CA

2020 Has Arrived Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2020 Has Arrived   2020 Has Arrived Icon_minitime15/01/20, 07:11 pm

Brrrrr ....nasty out there ,wind is started too, we have over a foot of snow , it looks like the wet heavy kind ..... ,but it's -2c,  not heading out in that for sure .

Wendy: good  luck with finding a new computer,good thing you have the founds saved up .  Mine is acting up too, not sure yet if I will get a new one  , or just use my mini iPad . I am not up on Technologies ,anything new just bugs me . But ......you miss the darn thing when it's on the blink 

2020 Has Arrived Snowma11
Back to top Go down
Geru
Emerald Member
Emerald Member
Geru

CA

2020 Has Arrived Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2020 Has Arrived   2020 Has Arrived Icon_minitime16/01/20, 11:31 pm

Strange how I can make the writing bigger on here , but once you post it ,it gets small again  (headbang)lol
Our weather has warmed up in a hurry . Had heavy winds all day yesterday and night , it blew the snow off the trees ,everything is melting fast now , big mess all over. I found it hard to get my grocery cart through some of that heavy half melted shush and ice in places .  I will be glad when all is gone ,much safer for walking 

2020 Has Arrived Whos2011.
Back to top Go down
Whisper
Ruby Member
Ruby Member
Whisper

UK

2020 Has Arrived Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2020 Has Arrived   2020 Has Arrived Icon_minitime21/01/20, 07:24 am

The rain brought some relief to areas of Australia but now they have flooding instead. Arsonists and climate activists were initially blamed for the fires but that proved false. They were caused by lightning strikes and then the fires caused their own lightning strikes.

My new computer is up and running. Still a lot to do but the basics I use every day are done. I love the speed it boots up and shuts down. My only annoyance so far is the terrible audio quality. Way too quiet through my monitor speakers. I think I'll have to invest in either external speakers or more likely a soundbar. It's great through a headset so I'll just use that until I decide. A few frustrations with Win 10 but nothing I wasn't expecting having helped my brother out with his so much.

No snow here but we have gone from very wet and windy and mild to frosty nights.
Back to top Go down
Geru
Emerald Member
Emerald Member
Geru

CA

2020 Has Arrived Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2020 Has Arrived   2020 Has Arrived Icon_minitime21/01/20, 07:33 pm

We have a mild 7c, and light rain now and then . The snow is all gone of course ,the  winds see to this thank goodness . I am not in favour of wind , as I seem to freeze on the top floor .

Wendy:  congrats on the new computer and having it up and running .I wish I could  do that , I have to have someone set it all up  me   :xlol. Mine needs to go ,it makes a noise every morning , I think it's the fan .
Might just need a cleaning up in every way . It also wont come on , and even shuts itself off some times .    Think I would like a   laptop I must pay a visit to the computer shop soon .
Things don't sound promising in Australia,from one disaster to another ,boy I would not do well in all the weather extreme's .
Housework day for me .
2020 Has Arrived 2521ci10

I
Back to top Go down
Geru
Emerald Member
Emerald Member
Geru

CA

2020 Has Arrived Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2020 Has Arrived   2020 Has Arrived Icon_minitime30/01/20, 07:29 pm

dark and depressing looking outside , light rain and more on the way tomorrow , yuk . Well, I suppose it's better then all that cold, snow and ice they are getting out east .
Now we got to worry about that corona virus .  I don't think it's a good idea to send plane loads of Americans and Canadians over here  from China . I know they want to get out of there , but ........!!!!! It's airplane travel that spreads the virus through the world fast . Yes  they are getting monitored , but some don't have any symptoms , and are just carriers .  

2020 Has Arrived Hug2dp10
Back to top Go down
Kerri
Sappire Member
Sappire Member
Kerri

US

2020 Has Arrived Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2020 Has Arrived   2020 Has Arrived Icon_minitime31/01/20, 06:39 am

Hi everyone.

Sandy, 
I hope you are enjoying spending some time with Aimee
before she moves up north.
So, the accent up north is very different from where you live?

Wendy, 
I'm glad you have your new computer up and running.
You can have my share of snow if you like. 

Geru, 
I do not like driving or walking when it is icy 
on the streets and sidewalks. 
If I can avoid some of that this winter, I will be grateful.

Several doctor appointments for my husband next week.
I feel guilty when I begin to feel overwhelmed sometimes.

Take care, everyone.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

2020 Has Arrived Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2020 Has Arrived   2020 Has Arrived Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2020 Has Arrived
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Zan's Zone :: Now We're Buzzing :: Coffee Break-
Jump to: