Google+ Closing it's Doors
A Warm Welcome

This site is - 2650 Days Old
A Warm Welcome to Zan's Zone Guest
Please feel free to come and go as you please.
Please tell me if you see any mistakes in the skin so that I can fix it.
Feel free to add a link to your own board, blog or website in your signature.
The size of images added to signatures are restricted to avoid long scrolling passed them.
If you have made a post on your own board and you would like to post a link to it, Post it Here

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Zandranna
Owner
Owner
Zandranna

Name : Sandy
UK
Kudos : 140
Birthday : 1st Nov

Google+ Closing it's Doors Empty
PostSubject: Google+ Closing it's Doors   Google+ Closing it's Doors Icon_minitime07/02/19, 12:52 pm

I expect all of you have had an email regarding google+ closing down.

The trouble is, because Google own so much of the web now closing down google+ is affecting other parts of things they own.

For instance everyone that uses google+ for their comments and followers on Blogger Blogs are also losing those because Google also own Blogger.  I think this mayl also affect any images stored on Google.  Although I don't know about that yet.

I personally, as far as I am aware don't use google+ for anything so at this point in time it doesn't affect me as far as I know.

However, it does make one wonder how all the time and trouble we put into creating, owning and working on social sites could in an instant be wiped out (look what happened with Yuku).  So I'm now going to start doubling up on some things.  Such as my new blog on Blogger.

I'm going to keep copies of those posts on this board as well as blogger so that if one decides to close or change, I wont have lost anything.

Perhaps I should also have a back up for stored images that I have in posts too.  I'd hate to have to live through the chaos that we had to when moving from Yuku to here.

Has google+ closing down affected any of you?
Back to top Go down
https://twitter.com/SandyYatesUK
Whisper
Ruby Member
Ruby Member
Whisper

UK
Kudos : 51
Mood : Restless

PostSubject: Re: Google+ Closing it's Doors   Google+ Closing it's Doors Icon_minitime08/02/19, 09:07 am

Not me. I don't use anything connected with it. I only use anything google when I can't avoid it.
Back to top Go down
Zandranna
Owner
Owner
Zandranna

UK

PostSubject: Re: Google+ Closing it's Doors   Google+ Closing it's Doors Icon_minitime08/02/19, 09:47 am

I don't use google+ itself but it seems any site one has to log in with a googlemail that Google own such as Youtube and Blogger is going to be affected.

I know for certain Blogger is with any comments made via google+ is affected but not sure where else yet.  I only use the Blogger comments themself on my Blogger, but of course any comments I have made on other people's blogs where they have chosen to use google+ comment system, they are going to lose all of those.

I feel sorry for them, because they obviously believed the comments on their blog posts were safe.  Shame!
Back to top Go down
Whisper
Ruby Member
Ruby Member
Whisper

UK
Kudos : 51
Mood : Restless

PostSubject: Re: Google+ Closing it's Doors   Google+ Closing it's Doors Icon_minitime09/02/19, 01:08 pm

I do use YouTube although I very rarely sign in.
Back to top Go down
Zandranna
Owner
Owner
Zandranna

UK

PostSubject: Re: Google+ Closing it's Doors   Google+ Closing it's Doors Icon_minitime09/02/19, 02:22 pm

At this point in time I think it's only affecting Blogger comments but who knows if they will start shutting down anything else.

But hey ho. That's what can happen when using any site 3rd party.
Back to top Go down
karinsuezen28
Topaz Member
Topaz Member
karinsuezen28

CA
Kudos : 6

PostSubject: Re: Google+ Closing it's Doors   Google+ Closing it's Doors Icon_minitime11/02/19, 01:21 am

red cherry
so it is true, i was hoping it wasn't

i need to figure out how to get all the groups transferred and all that eventually

to aol, should never have gone out of there in the first place

i get all the replies from g-mail and all that

this totally bites, i tell you
Back to top Go down
Zandranna
Owner
Owner
Zandranna

UK

PostSubject: Re: Google+ Closing it's Doors   Google+ Closing it's Doors Icon_minitime11/02/19, 08:11 am

Your gmail is safe Susan.  The Google groups are not affected either.  They are changing the google groups a bit in as much as removing some features.  But apart from that the Groups are safe.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Google+ Closing it's Doors   Google+ Closing it's Doors Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Zan's Zone :: Now We're Buzzing :: Coffee Break-
Jump to: