Spoon Geru App
A Warm Welcome

This site is - 2650 Days Old
A Warm Welcome to Zan's Zone Guest
Please feel free to come and go as you please.
Please tell me if you see any mistakes in the skin so that I can fix it.
Feel free to add a link to your own board, blog or website in your signature.
The size of images added to signatures are restricted to avoid long scrolling passed them.
If you have made a post on your own board and you would like to post a link to it, Post it Here

Spoon Geru App

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Zandranna
Owner
Owner
Zandranna

Name : Sandy
UK
Kudos : 140
Birthday : 1st Nov

Spoon Geru App Empty
PostSubject: Spoon Geru App   Spoon Geru App Icon_minitime10/01/19, 09:36 am

I've just discovered a brilliant app called Spoon Geru.

Basically it's for scanning all food labels.

To set it up you click to choose the foods you want to avoid.  That page is mostly for food allergies you might have.

On the next page you choose things like whether you are vegetarian, pescetarian, vegan etc., etc.  Along with things like low fat low salt, sugar and so on.

And from then on you just scan all foods and it will tell you if it's ok to eat or contains anything you don't want to or can't eat.

I put in Pescetarian, which apart from very rare occasions I am, along with ticking shell fish because I also no longer eat unclean foods.  I then scanned a lot of food in my cupboard.  I'm very pleased to say that there was nothing in any of my foods that I shouldn't be eating.

You can also in dropdown menu links choose specific things.  Like I eat fish but there are some fish that are unclean.  So I clicked the fish button as a "not" to eat fish which brought up the number of different fish it checks.  Then by clicking on that number I was able to click not to eat catfish, monkfish, swordfish and snapper only, but it will say ok for all other fish.  You can do that with nuts, seeds and so on.

I downloaded this app because I am absolutely determined now to avoid all meat products, even the hidden ones in some foods.

The app is free and I'm loving it.
Back to top Go down
https://twitter.com/SandyYatesUK
Whisper
Ruby Member
Ruby Member
Whisper

UK
Kudos : 51
Mood : Restless

Spoon Geru App Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spoon Geru App   Spoon Geru App Icon_minitime10/01/19, 10:53 am

Does it scan for gluten Sandy? My niece has recently been diagnosed as gluten intolerant and she's finding sorting out her diet a real nightmare. Expensive too.
Back to top Go down
Zandranna
Owner
Owner
Zandranna

Name : Sandy
UK
Kudos : 140
Birthday : 1st Nov

Spoon Geru App Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spoon Geru App   Spoon Geru App Icon_minitime10/01/19, 11:26 am

Absolutely it does. It really is a terrific little app.

You can click Gluten and Wheat then click the number beside that to open the menu and from there you can untick the indivdual wheats that you can eat. There are 11 in all different wheats to pick out if there are some you can eat and some you can't.
Back to top Go down
https://twitter.com/SandyYatesUK
Whisper
Ruby Member
Ruby Member
Whisper

UK
Kudos : 51
Mood : Restless

Spoon Geru App Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spoon Geru App   Spoon Geru App Icon_minitime11/01/19, 08:02 am

Thanks. I'll pass it on when I see her on Monday.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Spoon Geru App Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spoon Geru App   Spoon Geru App Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Spoon Geru App
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Zan's Zone :: Now We're Buzzing :: Coffee Break-
Jump to: