7 Ways to Change Our Life
A Warm Welcome

This site is - 2650 Days Old
A Warm Welcome to Zan's Zone Guest
Please feel free to come and go as you please.
Please tell me if you see any mistakes in the skin so that I can fix it.
Feel free to add a link to your own board, blog or website in your signature.
The size of images added to signatures are restricted to avoid long scrolling passed them.
If you have made a post on your own board and you would like to post a link to it, Post it Here

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Zandranna
Owner
Owner
Zandranna

Name : Sandy
UK
Kudos : 140
Birthday : 1st Nov

7 Ways to Change Our Life Empty
PostSubject: 7 Ways to Change Our Life   7 Ways to Change Our Life Icon_minitime11/10/18, 10:08 am

I've heard that we should never make more than one change at a time.  That it's best to make one change a week.  They say that it takes 14 days to form a habit, be it a good one or a bad.  So sticking each change out for a fortnight should really change our life.

1)  Go to bed before midnight in order to easily be able to get up as soon as the alarm goes off rather than continually pressing the snooze button.  If we wake up full of beans to start the day it's surprising how much more we can get done without even feeling tired.

2)  30 minutes exercise a day.  This doesn't have to be going to the gym, but can simply be exercising indoors or even just dancing to a favourite CD.   Exercise gives us not only more energy to get through the day but also stops us wanting to doze off in front of the TV in the evenings and instead do something more interesting along with reducing stress.

3)  20 minutes meditation time a day, splitting it into 2 x 10 minutes.  Morning and evening.  Just listening quietly to meditation sounds is a great way of meditating.  Meditating reduces stress and anxiety.

4)  Read a book.  Get used to reading for relaxation instead of watching a TV show.  Reading helps us widen our knowledge and in turn gives us more to talk about in social situations.  Choosing biographies histories or anything else that might in someway improve our knowledge.

5)  Minimising our wardrobe.  Try to wear the same sort of clothes every day.  It could be jeans and a T-Shirt if we don't work, or white shirt, black skirt or pants if we do.  This saves wondering what to wear each day along with saving us lots of money.

6)  De-cluttering and organising our home.  De-cluttering doesn't have to be done in one fell swoop.  We could simply wander around our home and find 5 items a day to get rid of, or we could play the 30 day de-clutter game, which is...........  On day one throw one thing away.  On day two throw 2 things away and so on until day 30 we throw 30 things away.  Those things can simply be an old paid bill, or an out of date tin of food, etc.,  they don't have to be big items.

7)  Manage our money better by before buying anything by ask ourselves, "do I really want it and will I use it.?" along with "Where am I going to put it".
Back to top Go down
https://twitter.com/SandyYatesUK
Zandranna
Owner
Owner
Zandranna

Name : Sandy
UK
Kudos : 140
Birthday : 1st Nov

7 Ways to Change Our Life Empty
PostSubject: Re: 7 Ways to Change Our Life   7 Ways to Change Our Life Icon_minitime11/10/18, 10:19 am

No1:  Going to bed before midnight I started two nights ago.  I can't say yet I have noticed a difference in my energy or such yet.  But it's early days.

No2:  Exercising - This has got to be the hardest one to start for me.  There is always something better and more fun to do than exercise.  But in a couple of weeks I will make a try to start it.

No:3:  Meditating - Is another hard one for me because I fall asleep when meditating nowadays.  However, getting to bed early may stop me dozing off during a short meditation.  Once again, will plan for starting that after I have my home straight.

No4:  Read a Book - I have to admit that I no longer sit and read a book.  All my reading is done on line.  However I do have several books that I have had bought for me and haven't yet picked up.  So once I am completely organised in my home I will make a start on those.

No5:  Minimising my wardrobe I'm hoping to do next week.  So far I have only extracted the items I 100% want to keep.  The rest I'm hoping Jess will come over and help me with as I'm really not at all sure what to keep and what to throw.

No6:  De-clutter and Organise - Well, as you know I have already made a huge start on this one, and by the end of next week it should all be finished and done with.  Woo Hoo!!

No7:  Think Before Buying - I already do and is part and parcel of my normal shopping habits, so I can ignore that one.
Back to top Go down
https://twitter.com/SandyYatesUK

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1