The Twitter Purge Starts Tomorrow
A Warm Welcome

This site is - 2650 Days Old
A Warm Welcome to Zan's Zone Guest
Please feel free to come and go as you please.
Please tell me if you see any mistakes in the skin so that I can fix it.
Feel free to add a link to your own board, blog or website in your signature.
The size of images added to signatures are restricted to avoid long scrolling passed them.
If you have made a post on your own board and you would like to post a link to it, Post it Here

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Zandranna
Owner
Owner
Zandranna

Name : Sandy
UK
Kudos : 140
Birthday : 1st Nov

The Twitter Purge Starts Tomorrow Empty
PostSubject: The Twitter Purge Starts Tomorrow   The Twitter Purge Starts Tomorrow Icon_minitime17/12/17, 05:53 pm

Twitter have recently changed their rules of use and tomorrow they will be purging all accounts that they consider violates them.

Under their new rules they also have stated that they will be watching their members activity both on and off of Twitter.  Meaning that it wont necessarily be what you post on Twitter that will get you banned but what you might have said on say Facebook or elsewhere or any link you might have posted or reposted.

No one knows exactly how to interpret these rules but for a long time now they have been punishing and banning many people for some strange reasons so one can only assume it's going to get worse.

How they have been punishing is.

1)  Suspend accounts for x amount of days.

2)  Remove the Twitter authentification tick (this not only punishes the person but also other members as we have no idea if we are following the real person or a fake.)

3)  A total life time ban.

Up to now the sort of people that have been punished or banned have been,

1)  Those that have posted links to news reports or websites that report specific crimes by Islamists.  Or report on Islamic problems any specific country is having (This come under racial hatred)

2)  Actively support President Trump.

3)  Posted links to pro-life sites or reports.

4)  Posted links to Christian or Conservative Youtubes

5)  Held people responsible for what their followers have done or said by way of defending them. (considered hate crime).

Under their new rules this is going to get a lot more strict along with as I say above them also using our activity on other parts of the web against us being allowed to remain on Twitter.

These new rules will not only affect active well known conservatives, libertarians, Christians and Jews, but will indeed make if very difficult for the ordinary user to be open in their views and beliefs.

Basically from tomorrow onward Twitter will become what the left call "A Safe Space".  To post anything that might offend anyone, however mild, will be considered hate speech and become punishable by Twitter.  Unfortunately it's going to impossible to know what we might post will offend.
Back to top Go down
https://twitter.com/SandyYatesUK
Spherical
Side Kick
Side Kick
Spherical

Name : Martha
AU
Kudos : 129
Mood : Recovering & Relaxing
Birthday : 3rd March

PostSubject: Re: The Twitter Purge Starts Tomorrow   The Twitter Purge Starts Tomorrow Icon_minitime20/12/17, 09:49 pm

I have no idea what to make of all this to be honest because I haven't followed up on anything related to this, but to have a stricter ruling is in itself not bad.

At the end of the day the left and right will defend themselves against all sorts of speeches/tweets so will be interesting to see how this pans out.
Back to top Go down
http://spherical.forumotion.com http://sphericals.weebly.com https://gab.ai/SphericMartha
Zandranna
Owner
Owner
Zandranna

UK

PostSubject: Re: The Twitter Purge Starts Tomorrow   The Twitter Purge Starts Tomorrow Icon_minitime21/12/17, 12:19 am

Well, it's started.  Several people that I follow have already been banned, and I'm hearing on Gab from others that have been banned.

Honestly Martha, you wouldn't believe some of the ridiculous things people are being banned for posting.  Many have been taking screen shots of their posts so that they have proof that what they have said is innocent.

One woman happened to say to post this to someone else -  "Years ago that would have been classed as treason and you would have been hung" - Seemingly that was counted as a hate post and she got restricted for several days.

It's quite worrying actually because you have no idea of what you might say or what link you might post to somewhere that could get you on a time restriction or a ban.

Sometimes it's just a specific post or image that's deleted or such.

It's crazy.  I can't see how they think that Twitter is going to survive this because they have already begun to lose money anyway.

The problem is that Twitter can't seem to tell the difference between free speech and genuine hate speech.
Back to top Go down
Spherical
Side Kick
Side Kick
Spherical

AU

PostSubject: Re: The Twitter Purge Starts Tomorrow   The Twitter Purge Starts Tomorrow Icon_minitime22/12/17, 04:13 am

Yeah I know what you're saying Sandy and I just heard that the same thing is now happening on FB and YouTube.

There is this person who has been posting earth quakes warnings and updates for many years. He has been warning people while the US government ignored those rumbles or signs. Every single one of those warnings with life video of this person has been black listed on YouTube now would you believe!

Then there are people who's post have been flagged by FB staff as inappropriate even though the post was not.
Celebrities who posted supposedly something inappropriately have had there green tick removed.

This is just the beginning of censored online media and it's going to get a lot worse ....

It will get to the stage where the only way one can post whatever they like; will be on their own website; not twitter, fb or youtube or any others!
Back to top Go down
http://spherical.forumotion.com http://sphericals.weebly.com https://gab.ai/SphericMartha
Zandranna
Owner
Owner
Zandranna

UK

PostSubject: Re: The Twitter Purge Starts Tomorrow   The Twitter Purge Starts Tomorrow Icon_minitime22/12/17, 08:35 am

Youtube has been getting bad for a while now.  They start off by blocking stopping some videos from having comments.   Others are no longer allowed to monetise videos with adverts.  For many, especially some pastors and churches bring in money via their videos.  For other's it's actually part of their business.

I don't mind any of them using their own kind of censorship because after all they are private businesses, and like Gab, there are people that have the money and the knowledge to open their own social site, where they can actually choose to only punish or ban those that are breaking the law regarding hate speech.

But the ordinary people do need to be aware that this is going on.  That Google, Youtube, Twitter and so on are on the brain washing band wagon to lead people down the path of the far left, politically correct way of thinking.

There are many people that have now become famous simply for fighting for common sense, freedom of speech, and against political correctness.

It's polititical correctness that is keeping everyone from speaking out.  This has now become a fear to speak out.  It's exactly what happened just before the war with Germany's fascism.  

Kids from 5 years old upwards now are being asked things in school such as do you feel like a boy or a girl? -  College kids are getting marked down if they voice that they agree with President Trump.  It's hate speech if one says anything or makes a joke against Mohammad.

What is even more scary about all of this is that the media aren't reporting any stories where crime is linked to this mass Islamic migration.  No one is talking about it.

The left do not use discussion and argument.  They are now using violence and accusations to silence people.

They will call you a racist, islamaphobic, homophobic, transphobic, and all the other foul names simply if you disagree with something just as a way to shut you up.

Facts and stats mean absolutely nothing to them.  Black Live Matter are trying to cause black and white segregation again.  Feminists accuse all white men of being subconsciously white supremists.  Paedophiles are now fighting to have paedphilia as a legal sexual preference.  Transgenders want babies to be registered as non-gender.  

But what is even more scary is that governments are listening to this crap and changing the laws to suit these minority of people.

Governments, media social networks and Hollywood are all on the band wagon, and unless people start speaking up and not being scared to voice what they believe it will end up like Germany in the 30s, where the ordinary people do not believe in the values their government are forcing them to live under but are too petrified to say anything against it.

This is why these alternative and real news sites are so important.  Along with supporting any new social media site, like Gab where both sides are allowed to voice an opinion without fear of being punished or banned.  It's only by helping to build up these new sites that will either force Youtube/Google, Twitter, Facebook and others to rethink their policies or force them out of business.

Soon advertisers will stop advertising on Twitter because the amount of people that use it will drop even more.  Every day I am seeing more high profile figures moving over to Gab, and not just those that have had their authentification tick taken away or those that are banned.  But when your audience move off somewhere else then they will follow.

Gab started with mostly those of us that are conservative libertarian, but now it's fast building up with people with all beliefs and leanings.  If this keeps up there will be a time when President Trump will also  join Gab.  When that happens Twitter will be on a countdown timer to destruction.  Many leftists and Clinton followers are trying to get Trump banned on Twitter but Twitter know that if they did ban him, that would be their death knell.

Many will soon also start posting their videos on other site too instead of Youtube, if they don't pull their socks up.  Too many people on that are also having their videos in someway restricted or blocked.  Youtube is doing it in a more crafty way though.

What they are doing with videos that are against their own political beliefs but they can't find a reason to restrict or block, they are simply blocking them from being on the search.  When a person types in a key word, those videos simply do not appear on the page.  You can only find them if you know the exact title, word for word, or you have a link already.

Same with Facebook.  We all know that not all of the posts of those we follow show up on our time line.  Facebook decides which posts will be spread around automatically and which wont.  So in order to see all posts from a person or page we follow we have to actually go to that person or groups page.  So although they aren't blocking images or posts, they are restricting their distribution.

They notoriously did that through the USA elections.  Clinton supporter posts were virtually highlighted but Trump supporter posts were slowed down for distribution around the site.

All this is fine.   As I say, they are a private company and can do what they like, but people need to be aware of what is going on so that they can make a choice as to whether to keep using them or not.
Back to top Go down
Linette
Topaz Member
Topaz Member

CA
Kudos : 14

PostSubject: Re: The Twitter Purge Starts Tomorrow   The Twitter Purge Starts Tomorrow Icon_minitime22/12/17, 03:00 pm

What's so hilarious about this is Google Plus seems to copy everything Twitter does and if this is the road that these social medias want to take I can't see them lasting long or even being popular any more than what they are now. lol

Facebook wins again as much as I hate that place, but now Twitter and G+ will flock over there with these new rules in place. lol

It doesn't bother they can do what they want with both my accounts there, I have my board that's where I'm at most of the time.

Most the peeps I follow at Twitter are cops and some cat lovers like myself.

At G+ so very few I follow there. meh
Back to top Go down
Zandranna
Owner
Owner
Zandranna

UK

PostSubject: Re: The Twitter Purge Starts Tomorrow   The Twitter Purge Starts Tomorrow Icon_minitime22/12/17, 06:08 pm

Google plus has been a complete failure from the get go. Everyone joined to try it out but very few have ever been active.

I never bother to go there at all.

As for Facebook, I have an account just to follow what everyone is up to, but I have it totally open to the public as I never post any images or anything personal on it. If I see a video or news report that catches my interest I will share it, but that's about all.

I've never trusted Facebook's security which is why I don't even attempt to have a private friends only account. I hate how they try to get your phone number by telling you specific friends have added their's when it's a sodding lie.

I have been up until now very active on Twitter though, but since joining Gab, I'm slowly leaving Twitter behind me. All those high profile accounts that I followed on Twitter have now moved to Gab anyway although they are continuing to also post on Twitter until they too get blocked or banned or until all those that follow them are also following them on Gab.

Twitter now have admitted that Twitter No Longer Defends Free Speech
Back to top Go down
Spherical
Side Kick
Side Kick
Spherical

AU

PostSubject: Re: The Twitter Purge Starts Tomorrow   The Twitter Purge Starts Tomorrow Icon_minitime23/12/17, 01:44 am

I have just opened my GAB account Sandy.
Back to top Go down
Zandranna
Owner
Owner
Zandranna

UK

PostSubject: Re: The Twitter Purge Starts Tomorrow   The Twitter Purge Starts Tomorrow Icon_minitime23/12/17, 09:33 am

Oh good. It's best to grab ones name quickly while one still can.

We are now linked.

Something we can do on there which we can't on Twitter is edit our posts. So if we forget to add a hashtag or make a spelling mistake or such we can edit it. Something people have been crying out for for ages on Twitter.

I also now realise why Twitter increased their characters. It's because Gab allows more than 140. Gab allow 300.

Don't forget to use hashtags because thats what gets the good followers that enjoy the same as you do.
Back to top Go down
Zandranna
Owner
Owner
Zandranna

UK

PostSubject: Re: The Twitter Purge Starts Tomorrow   The Twitter Purge Starts Tomorrow Icon_minitime23/12/17, 11:49 am

I've just added the Gab contact icon to the contact area at the bottom of each post in case you want to add your link.
Back to top Go down
Linette
Topaz Member
Topaz Member

CA
Kudos : 14

PostSubject: Re: The Twitter Purge Starts Tomorrow   The Twitter Purge Starts Tomorrow Icon_minitime06/01/18, 03:01 am

I'm still trying to get used to the added extension so we can type more text, I'm so used to keeping everything brief in there by the time I finish typing I look over to check for typos and realize, ha I can type more in there. lol

At least now I have more room for hash tags now. lol  tongue
Back to top Go down
Spherical
Side Kick
Side Kick
Spherical

AU

PostSubject: Re: The Twitter Purge Starts Tomorrow   The Twitter Purge Starts Tomorrow Icon_minitime08/01/18, 10:36 pm

I have not been back to gab in a while so must remember about the hash tags Sandy.
Back to top Go down
Zandranna
Owner
Owner
Zandranna

UK

PostSubject: Re: The Twitter Purge Starts Tomorrow   The Twitter Purge Starts Tomorrow Icon_minitime10/01/18, 12:21 am

Yes it does make a big difference being allowed the 280 characters on Twitter now Marie.  On Gab it's 300.  I seem to be spending more time on Gab than on Twitter now though.  The people on Gab are much more interactive than on Twitter.
Back to top Go down
Zandranna
Owner
Owner
Zandranna

UK

PostSubject: Re: The Twitter Purge Starts Tomorrow   The Twitter Purge Starts Tomorrow Icon_minitime12/01/18, 11:14 am

Wow, has anyone been following this "Shadow Banning" that Twitter have been doing for a very long time.  Officially Twitter call it "Down Ranking" internally, which seemingly they are working on making it more efficient, but the Twitter techs call it "Shadow Banning".

Many have suspected it, but now it's all out in the open as Twitter engineers have been admitting to it to undercover reporters.

What they do is, any tweet about God (Christian), Trump, American Flag, Conservatism, etc., they block from showing on someone's followers feed.  It still shows on your own so that you don't know that it's been blocked, but none of your followers get to see it.  You just think that no one has reacted to it.

These are tweets that don't break the Twitter TOS, they aren't hate tweets or anything.  They are simply tweets that an individual Twitter employee doesn't agree with.  Now, this isn't Twitter employees deciding on doing shadow banning themselves.  These are their instructions to do this from the powers that be.

All this isn't just affecting high profile accounts, it's also affect the orginary people.  For instance, let's say I post a Bible passage that might be relevant to today's state of transgenderism, that could be something that might be shadow banned and I would never know my followers can't see it.  I would just think that no one had an opinion on it, or thought it worth a "like".

Twitter only hires left wing liberals, and if any conservatives are found or dare voice a conservative view they get rid of them.

Three prominent figures are in the process of taking Twitter to court over this now that they have absolute proof.

It has also been found out that Twitter is also passing on Donald Trump's, private direct messages to the FBI.  We have no idea how many Twitter employees have access to people's PMs on there.

I really think that this might be the final downfall of Twitter.
Back to top Go down
Spherical
Side Kick
Side Kick
Spherical

AU

PostSubject: Re: The Twitter Purge Starts Tomorrow   The Twitter Purge Starts Tomorrow Icon_minitime12/01/18, 02:50 pm

Yeah I did see a note about this on one of the sites I follow Sandy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Twitter Purge Starts Tomorrow   The Twitter Purge Starts Tomorrow Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Zan's Zone :: Now We're Buzzing :: Coffee Break-
Jump to: